FJR Fuel Cell?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YankeeFeejer

Reaction score
WOTL,

I have an FJRgoodies fuel cell that was mounted (Pillion) on my 2005 FJR. That bike is now gone. I want to mount the tank on a 2009 FJR, I know that I will have to make some adjustments to the mounting system. What I am not sure about is where/how GENII bike owners mounted the tank to the sub-frame. All help would be appreciated, photos would be great. I understand the sub-frame is a very weak component of the bike.

Thanks,

Bob St. George

Is FJRGoodies just GenI stuff?

Why can't you just contact them and order a rack to mount your tank on a GenII?

Why do you think the rear subframe is weak?

I'm doing the same thing as Bob on a new '09 but with a jaz 5 gallon cell. Anyone have photos of this cell on an FJR?

I'm doing the same thing as Bob on a new '09 but with a jaz 5 gallon cell. Anyone have photos of this cell on an FJR?
You might want to consider learning how to search. Three of your first eight posts were questions (four if you count the question you asked in your introduction).

You were spoon fed answers here: <Link>, but you will get much more information by learning how to search for the answers to your questions.

Go to FJR Forum > Board Information > Software and Board Operation and read these threads near the top:

Seaching the Forum Using Google

Searching the Forum Using Board Feature, Harder Than Google, but Still Useful

You might want to consider learning how to search. Three of your first eight posts were questions (four if you count the question you asked in your introduction).You were spoon fed answers here:
Well thank you kindly Joe. I truly appreciate your taking the time to give me advice.

As a matter of fact I've spent many days searching this forum and others using Google and the search function here and have reams of hardcopy on various topics.

A lot of the information I have found is for Gen I bikes which does help a bit but isn't specific to what I need. I haven't found a lot of information on fuel cells with posting dates that indicate it relates to the '09 frame and subframe. In fact I haven't found any information at all on the use of the five gallon jaz cell which is why I asked the question.

So sorry to have troubled you. I didn't realize that seeking help with my new FJR would be a problem.

Ride safely and far

So sorry to have troubled you. I didn't realize that seeking help with my new FJR would be a problem.
Ride safely and far
It might help to say I searched on "x" and "y", as you kind of after the fact. Ask for any other ideas on things to search for.

This board tends to reward folks that help themselves and help us to help them. ;)

And when you get down to very specifics of a fuel cell that relatively few FJR riders use to begin with, halving that field being a Gen 2, and then further dividing by specifically focusing on a Jazz cell...and I don't remember anything that specific in the past. You likely are going to be on fresh ground and the board would appreciate you add what you invent via post and picture.....for the next guy!

Well I am the one who started this thread. I did get some info previously but a lot of it pertains to the GEN I. my main concerns were the mounting points on the sub-frame of the GEN II it being reported as a possible weak item. All of the info I received on this used the same mount points that I used in my initial installation run. I will post some pictures here when I am done so others can see how I did it. It is similar to what others have done with my own tweaks and mods.

Bob St.George

...the same mount points that I used in my initial installation run. I will post some pictures here when I am done so others can see how I did it.
I look forward to seeing that.

Here's a shot of a GenII grabrail resting over the GenI rear subframe. The holes didn't look like they lined up that well to me.

DSC03346.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: