FJR lock in CooCase?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eflyguy

Reaction score
The thread on lost lock assembly had me thinking - my FJR came with a coo-case, which requires its own key, which is a PIA. Could I replace the lock with a Yamaha tumbler and have it keyed to match everything else?

You are hereby warned: I am not an expert on this topic.

There are two types of Yamaha keys.

Look at the pointy end of your ignition key like you're about to stab it into your eye. The left side (of mine) is offset a little lower than the right side. There are "Yamaha" keys out there where the right side is lower than the left side. Make sure that aspect of the keys/locks matches, and your idea will work.

Try an advanced search (gear icon to the right of the search box) for "extra key" -- use the quotation marks. You'll find this thread and 64 others.

You are a worthless piece of shit Andy, how dare you ask for response from like indivuduals who may have done this. Crawl in your shell, do not engage human experiences and learn how to spend hours searching pages of mindless banter to get your information. This is how bikes rot in the garage and odometers never turn.

Take your keys to a full service lock shop, they have that fat reverse cut blank you need.