FJR Mileage Milestones

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Ghost,
Can you elaborate further on how the motor seems to be doing with those miles? Power? Oil consumption?
Has the motor been apart at some point?
Any secrete to getting one of these motors up to those miles?
Sorry if some of this was addressed earlier in the thread, but it’s a looong thread.
And yes, CONGRATULATIONS 👍

Hey Ghost,
Can you elaborate further on how the motor seems to be doing with those miles? Power? Oil consumption?
Has the motor been apart at some point?
Any secrete to getting one of these motors up to those miles?
Sorry if some of this was addressed earlier in the thread, but it’s a looong thread.
And yes, CONGRATULATIONS 👍
Yes, the engine was replaced at about 456,000 miles because it stalled on a cold morning while it was warming up. They said it had low compression and the shop couldn't check it, didn't want to monkey with it because of the mileage. So it set for another 3-4 years before we replaced it. Keep the oil changes up to date and regular checkups. and if you need to know more on the bike check my earlier threads, back around page 32 and up.

Today's, 8/20/23, milestone

IMG_0298%5B1%5D-L.jpg

I was just going to ask if anyone knew how many miles MXVet had, I figured he was nearing the 400k mark. Thanks for the update on him. I just updated my mileage today to 527,000 !!! and I want to welcome the two new riders who have just purchased the 03's the BEST FJR'S EVER MADE.!!! A quick note to them the center stand will need to be replaced as that was an issue on them, they fixed it in 2004 and if you really get carried away and put a lot of miles on them, your rear wheel may start leaking around 500K !!!