FJR Milestones - Places you've been

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... I do believe the WV Ramble was when I met both of you guys. What ever happened to Mike (Yamahaulic)?
Yep, I do definitely remember that week in 2006. Mike rearranged the Ramble to coincide with the STN National. I met BugR and Acadian Rider (a great Honda ST1300 rider and STN member) down at the Snake and the Smokies before the STN meet.

JUNE2006MCYTRIP079.jpg

Heidi, you led a ride that led through Smokehole Road and other places...here's the gang on Smokehole Road

JUNE2006MCYTRIP237.jpg

Mike started doing his own thing in 2007 after leading rides for a number of years. I know he and his wife did a lot of boating. I'm sad that Mike isn't involved, as he was instrumental in showing me the sport side of touring...but I understand that people move on...I just don't have any plans to be one of them. I love touring and riding the curves too much to quit.

Until this thread I've never understood why I've heard the FJR referred to as "An old man's bike". Now its perfectly clear. Bill (Young at age 64) Love the pic's

... I do believe the WV Ramble was when I met both of you guys. What ever happened to Mike (Yamahaulic)?
Yep, I do definitely remember that week in 2006. Mike rearranged the Ramble to coincide with the STN National. I met BugR and Acadian Rider (a great Honda ST1300 rider and STN member) down at the Snake and the Smokies before the STN meet.

Heidi, you led a ride that led through Smokehole Road and other places...here's the gang on Smokehole Road

JUNE2006MCYTRIP237.jpg

Mike started doing his own thing in 2007 after leading rides for a number of years. I know he and his wife did a lot of boating. I'm sad that Mike isn't involved, as he was instrumental in showing me the sport side of touring...but I understand that people move on...I just don't have any plans to be one of them. I love touring and riding the curves too much to quit.
EDIT:

TWI... typing while intoxicated... lol! That was a fun time, Mark. Going from the one meet right into the other was fluid, wasn't it? I have pics, also... & I can see for sure, I've definitely lost weight.

Last edited by a moderator:
And who could forget the Illinois Rolling Cluster Feck of May 2011…
It's difficult, but my therapist says we're makeing progress.

You know you've covered a lot of territory on your bike when you end up here.

DSCN0323-1.jpg

Only one thing to do........................................keep riding.

Hi all,

You have great trip and parties I see))

I have no photos with a finger... and I even did not rode my FJR yet - so I have nothing to post in this topic I guess:)))

How can I post here a photo with a H.nda, you name it:)

But I have a question about a rear tyre of this bike, it seems quite strange for me.

It's an automotive tyre, not a motorcycle one, am I right.

But why?

Sorry if my question is a 1001st about it:)

DSC_8176.jpg

But I have a question about a rear tyre of this bike, it seems quite strange for me.

But why?
Good question. However, to keep the "Darkside" discussion out of this thread, please click this link and read all about it.

Please, no more darkside crap in this thread about FJR Milestones...

But why?
Good question. However, to keep the "Darkside" discussion out of this thread, please click this link and read all about it.

Please, no more darkside crap in this thread about FJR Milestones...

Thank you.

Who can imagine it calls so - "Darkside" :)

Well, as an excuse - my small Milestone, it's May2011:)

Good riding conditions, huh? :) )

image1-3.jpg

The way to that point

image2-1.jpg

Thank again, gone reading

Lovin' the pics, what a great thread! Let's see....

Been to the NC/VA Blue Ridge Parkway a few times

DSCN0645.jpg

IMG00056-20100530-1307.jpg

Marlinton, WV

DSCN1164.jpg

DSCN1142.jpg

Wellsboro, PA

DSCN1766.jpg

DSCN1767.jpg

Deal's Gap

DSCN0850.jpg

DSCN0848.jpg

Asheville, NC

DSCN0868.jpg

Beckley, WV

DSCN0761.jpg

DSCN0760.jpg

Sanford, Maine

DSCN0833.jpg

DSCN0829.jpg

Key West, FL

DSCN1281.jpg

DSCN1266.jpg

DSCN1265.jpg

Slap-n-Pop, the guy who actually owns this forum, at an EOM in Boone:

P1250808.jpg

Yo Wheatie, does a photo of a Fat Canadian Hoser at Paraiso del Oso Lodge in Mexico's Copper Canyon count? jes' sayin' and nuff said, Wicked Beauty eh!

1105139297_PcuEi-L.jpg