FJR Naked Street project

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's finally done. I don't think it's quite as ugly as it was. Certainly not for everybody. But, when you think about it, a 1300cc version of FZ09?

01.JPG

Ten more photos coming up in the next post.

What does it weigh and how loud is the exhaust? Is the windscreen even marginally effective? Looks like fun. I bet you will get a lot of "What is it?"

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't weighed it yet. It feels very light compared to a stock FJR.

The exhaust is just basically a glass pack, so kinda loud.

The windscreen exists as a deflector for the gauge cluster, so no it does not do anything for the rider.

This is an 05 non-ABS. The suspension is stock. It was extremely stiff in the rear until I changed it back to the 'soft' setting. I've had several FJR's and this one is very fun.

I like it! You can tell a lot of thought went into it. I especially like the rear and what you did with the tail. Although the headlights . . . well, just don't paint the bike yellow.

minions-kevin-lifesize-cardboard-cutout-180cms-product-image.jpg

Thank you all for the feedback.

A lot of thought went into just about every design decision. I wanted everything to look right and function properly. I had the headlights mounted higher before and it just looked goofy. I considered a single large headlight as well.

Any questions don't hesitate. Obviously, I wouldn't expect everyone to like it. I think there would be a different version for each person that did it.

The paint, btw, is Plastidip Steel Blue Pearl. I saw it on a Mercedes on youtube and fell in love with the color.

That radiator is my issue! I don't know what you can do with it, and the side pieces help, but it's still.. OUT THERE!!!

This doesnt look half bad...kinda cool and not something youd see. A few more small details and I think it would pop.

Maybe a rear hugger? And possible some light plastic ends on the radiator and a belly pan, kind of like my Brutale.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do have to say is I am more impressed than I thought possible. End result is not to bad and congrats for the end result. You did well sir.

Latest posts