FJR Naked Street project

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will try to be a little more active on the forum, and maybe go to a meetup here in the PNW to show off the bike. Also available for a personal showing here for anyone who's interested.

Not my cup of tea, but it looks like a job well done. By the way, you could eliminate the ignition coils by converting to coil on plug. Not a big job and pretty cheap too.

I will try to be a little more active on the forum, and maybe go to a meetup here in the PNW to show off the bike. Also available for a personal showing here for anyone who's interested.
A bunch of FJR's in La Pine Labor Day weekend... See Reuben Run thread... see you there?

I have thought about a smaller front fender. Does anyone know of one that would fit with little or mo modification? I didn't know that these could be converted to could on plug ignition.

I have plans with family and the ski boat Labor Day weekend. We will be at Prineville Reservoir.

Converting to coil over plug would require custom wiring so two of the four coils fire simultaneously as they do in the stock, 2 coil, wasted spark configuration because the ECU only has two coil trigger outputs.

Smaller cafe type fender would require fabricating custom bracket to fit the forks to the fender. Most states dont allow deleting the front fender completely for on road bikes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the link if you want to try it. You can usually get the wiring harness along with the coils. It is a simple matter to wire them to the old coil wires because if I recall correctly, they are just spade terminals. When I did mine, I did not modify the original wiring harness so I could go back to stock if necessary.

https://www.fjrowners.com/forums/9-fjr-technical/112505-coil-plug-mod.html

Very Sweet!! This is the bike that I wrecked on 10 years ago. I will see if I can find and post a couple "Before" pictures. lol

The 2004 that I got from you was a great bike. But unfortunately it has thrown in the towel at 127,000 miles.
confusedsmiley.png
Was going to throw another motor that I got for free in it, but that one ended up having a chunk taken out of the cylinder wall. lol

Yes, the bike is the same. I've had it 8(?) years or so. The tank, radiator, front fender and a lot of other parts were replaced.

You did a great job. Too bad you already got the radiator. I just had a new aluminum radiator delivered that I now cannot use. lol

The bike looks gorgeous for what it is I love it!

It would be a blast to ride between the cars on my daily commute. ?

However, those forks are just screaming out to be dressed in a pair of fork gators.

Thats a no nonsense, lean machine.

Good job. ?

Brodie

?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's pretty cool! Great job! Kind of like a modern Rat Rod. Almost looks Triumph-esque. I like the look of it you had a great vision. I bet that bad boy is real LOUD!

Enjoy and ride safe.

Nice execution on that bad boy. I have a few bikes laying around but, not the time , patience and know how to do that.

The mufflers are just some basic ones I found that were small and the right diameter. They do have some removable baffles, but it is pretty loud.