FJR NERDS 2020 -- Let's Ride!! -- CANCELLED.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steel_Gin

Reaction score
FJR NERDS 2020  - Let's Ride!! ....as you read this start playing Steppenwolf in your head, you know which one.

CANCELLED.  😢

Date: August 20th to 23rd, 2020

Place: Commodores Inn, Stowe Vermont  https://www.commodoresinn.com/

Call to get the group rate: 800-44-STOWE or 802-253-7131 and tell them you are with the FJR NERDS Group.

Room Cost: Weekday Rate - $102 (Mon to Thur)
                      Weekend Rate - $138 (Fri & Sat)
                      Based on double occupancy, breakfast for two is included.
                      If more than two people are saying in your room there will an additional charge to the cost for each extra person of $10 for lodging and $6 for breakfast per night.
                      Cancellation must be done 72 hours prior to your scheduled arrival. After that there will be a $75 fee.
                      20 Rooms are being held for us until July 19th.  If we book all those room prior to that they will reserve more for us if rooms are available, so lets fill this place up.

If you prefer to do this camping style there is a camp ground a few miles away.  Please do not feel you are excluded.

This will be a no-frills gathering. No swag, no planned dinner, no poker run, etc.  All that is required of you is show up, ride, have fun, laugh and socialize.......oh drink beer if you feel like it. 😁🍻

This is NOT a FJR only event,  Two, Three , Four wheels......Dually pulling a toy-hauler, ALL are welcome!!

I found this checking out their website.  They couldn't have picked a better group than ours to display for Motorcycle Groups.  I believe that is TopSpeed1 and Stanley the Steamer on the right.
https://www.commodoresinn.com/groups/motorcycle-groups/

This should cover the highlights to get this on your calendar and book your room.  I have seen routes posted from past NERDS events.  I will check those links still work and add them over the next week or so.  If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

And Thank You FredW for your guidance to get this setup!!

Post update 6-29-2020:

I emailed the Commodores Inn to check-in and see how things are going in Vermont.  I asked if they could accommodate our group come August at this point in time.  Right now it sounds like they are just starting to open up again.  If things continue to move forward they will be able to put us up at the Inn.  As I write this I just thought of asking what the cancellation policy would be if things take a bad turn 24 hours before arrival.  I will ask that and post an update.

Post update 7-27-2020:

Sadly this event has been cancelled.

I'm sure that Fred has his Garmin routes for NERDS.  If not, I have a copy.

I have camped at Elmore State park for a few of these events.  Good lower cost option but you miss out on the "parking lot social" - at least if you want to partake of adult beverages.  Camping is a viable option but only IF there are at least a few who are interested.  Couple of other State parks pretty close as well but I haven't tried them (Little River, Waterbury Center, Underhill etc.).

Way too early for me to know if I will be able to make this trip or not.  If I do, I may start a separate "NERDS camping" thread so the main thread doesn't get cluttered up.   

I get down that way at least once per year and almost always do at least a couple of the rides that were originally set up by Fred W.  Fantastic riding area!!

I'm in.  I don't know if Trevor and Lisa are coming along yet or not.  I'll book a room soon.  The goal is to acquire some Heady Toppers from The Alchemist.  Should be fun as always!

Thats’s great news!

I think my Dropbox links to the routes from two years ago are probably still good, and if they are not I will surely re-establish them ASAP.  
And of course if anyone wants to design any new ride routes that would be great.  There is no shortage of fine riding in that corner of New England, that’s for sure.

I’m kind of looking forward to heading back to Stowe again.  Taking a hiatus always seems to help with the enthusiasm.  It’s great that Dean was willing to step up and do the disorganizing and not let me procrastinate another year away..  I’m glad to help out however I can.

PS - FJRPittsburgh - try Lawson’s Finest Liquids this year, if you haven’t in the past.  Puts Headytopper in the proverbial back seat.  Actually, there are a lot of good (and bad) beers being made in Vermont lately.  Discovering which is which is all part of the fun!

On the vacation calendar for now. My sons wedding is on August 1'st out in Wisconson. It's going to be a busy month for sure. I am still having issues with the shoulder and haven't been riding as much as I used to. Wether I can do 250 miles a day is questionable at this time. Short rides to work aren't an issue right now. The waters need to be tested soon.

Dave

You TEASE!

Was glad to see this happening again and knew I'd try to be there but this morning I noticed it's the same weekend we'll be taking our son back to college.  Guess it wouldn't be right to try and get him and everything on a bus.

Good on you for running with this though.  Always great riding up there.

You TEASE!

Was glad to see this happening again and knew I'd try to be there but this morning I noticed it's the same weekend we'll be taking our son back to college.  Guess it wouldn't be right to try and get him and everything on a bus.

Good on you for running with this though.  Always great riding up there.
Oh man that is bad timing!!  I lucked out, the only weekend they had free in August was the 20th to 23rd and I have to drop off my son at college the following weekend.

The bus doesn't sound like a bad idea.  Maybe the bus driver would help him carry stuff up to this room. 😁

Will be looking to split a room mit someone.

So if anyone want to, IM me on here. OR

There is a campground about a mile south of the hotel. Which is my second choice.  

John

Don't know whether the regular Canadian contingent will be there or not. 

Depends on international borders being open and willingness to travel if coronavirus rates are still high.  See what happens in the next month and a half...