FJR not running right

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think a few more 08 owners need to chime in.

I sent my bike back to the dealer and they couldn't find anything wrong. After almost getting killed a few more times I bought a power commander and never had another problem again. It worked for me. I still think Yamaha had a bad batch of ECU's they wouldn't admit too. Anyway with 85K on the bike the issue hasn't ever returned. Just my experience is all.
https://www.fjrforum....uage/?p=1266966

Dave
I had trouble with the engine dying when rolling off idle. It happened just when the temp gauge showed 3 bars. It seemed to be related to the transition from cold idle system to the normal temperature idle. Couldn't get it to throw an error code. Adjusted idle screw, cold idle screw, ran tanks of gas with Ring Free, changed out temp sensor, tps, and manifold pressure sensor. Finally, in desperation (I just had to pull out into traffic once and have the engine die) I installed a Power Commander V. Bingo - it's been running perfectly ever since.

I'm not saying that a PC V is the solution to your problem, it was for mine. I hope a few more tanks of treated fuel will do the trick. It's way too nice of a motorcycle to have fueling problems. Make it safe.

Dealer had to cancel appointment due to mechanic getting injured. The problems seem to be fading away, though. Could be the Lucas fuel system cleaner. I'm going riding again this weekend to see how it behaves.