FJR oil filter

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Change the oil & filter on a KTM and then say what you think about the location and looks of the oil filter on the feejer. :rolleyes:

despite above, there is no stupid question.
When you compare bikes with experienced riders all will notice how easily accessible the

FJR oil filter is, as in : "Jeez, I wish my filter were so easy to change."
I've heard that many times. Check out some of the BMWs. I took notice on their new 800s the filter is on the front of the motor, right behind the front tire. Looks like an accident waiting to happen. One good stone kicked up and you have oil running under the rear tire. :eek:

I love this place. Where else can you go from newbie oil filter comment to transgender NAFO attraction in one easy thread.
WOW that was what i was thinkin

I'm over 40 and outa shape.... I look just like the rest of you. And I like watchin TV with the wife.

I knew there was some reason I wasn't goin to NAFO... I really don't like hangin with the bikers who are popular with transgender folks, But then again, I am fairly open minded so What the heck!

Poor Newbie, never, ever ask a silly question on a Friday around here. Let this be a lesson for ya. :graduated:

Wow what a nice bashing. I'm glad everyone here likes exactly the same thing and there should be no other opinions. Yes I do think it is conveniently located for service. I have had an ST1100 and other bikes that were a PITA to work on so the location is nice for that. I personally just did not care for the look of it where it is located. I have a test ride set up for one today so we will see what happens.

Wow what a nice bashing. I'm glad everyone here likes exactly the same thing and there should be no other opinions. Yes I do think it is conveniently located for service. I have had an ST1100 and other bikes that were a PITA to work on so the location is nice for that. I personally just did not care for the look of it where it is located. I have a test ride set up for one today so we will see what happens.
Now, now. Don't be too sensitive. (They can sense that and will pummel you beyond any hope of recovery.)

Remember... There's no such thing as a stupid question... unless you are asking it in cyberspace.

My best suggestion would be to paint the bloody thing dark grey metallic, it might "blend" in better that way,... i guess.

-No need to get pissy at a bit of friendly banter,..If no one had a definate and helpful thought would you rather have no topic replies,.. or a bit of back/forth conversation on the topic.

Admin's !!! - Send this to NERPT and turn up his WARN meter......really get the brother going :yahoo:

Cheers KTM

-Don

My best suggestion would be to paint the bloody thing dark grey metallic, it might "blend" in better that way,... i guess.
-No need to get pissy at a bit of friendly banter,..If no one had a definate and helpful thought would you rather have no topic replies,.. or a bit of back/forth conversation on the topic.

Admin's !!! - Send this to NERPT and turn up his WARN meter......really get the brother going :yahoo:

Cheers KTM

-Don
Don

Just returning a little friendly banter for everyone. No harm no foul I hope!!!! Rode the bike yesterday and was very impressed and am trying to work out the details and sell present ride. :clapping: