FJR police model

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harlan1

Reaction score
Does anyone out there have acess or know where to acess a parts fiche for the FJR police model ? We had about 30 of the French police and there version of the Highway Patrol out here a few weeks ago and I really liked the "city" saddle bag lids, Unfortunately there was a little language barrier and no Yamaha Rep. around. Everyone I talked to at the dealers and yamaha say "not available here". There are a few other goodies that would be nice also. They sure looked cool and and made our Beemers look like big ole' Goldwings.

Howdy! Welcome to our nuthouse! That was in interesting little exchange program that you had there. We had a thread with links to some new articles and photos about it. Those frenchies did look a bit out of place. Bet it was a great time for all involved however.

As for your question, I don't think you are going to get much help here unfortunately. There is no "police" model FJR sold in North America so we don't get access to any of those parts. In fact, Yamaha has many "normal" or typical accessories they sell for the FJR in europe, but that they don't sell here, and we can't get access to those either through normal channels.

Over the years, we have seen lots of photos of FJRs in various states of police trim with all kinds of neat goodies, but so far, nobody has been able to get those parts. I know one forum member was impressed with some fairing extenders form the Netherlands FJR police bikes, that he actually contacted the Dutch ( I believe) manufacturer. But they only dealt directly with Yamaha (Europe) or something like that and the only way to get them was in mass quantities. So it didn't happen. Or the story was something like that.

So, if you want these parts for your agency, I would suggest trying to contact somebody high up at Yamaha corporate. If you want the goodies for your own private FJR, then unfortunately I think your best bet would be to contact a fellow leo in one of the european countries to try and get you the parts.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful or give you better news. Perhaps somebody will come a long with better, more specific information, but I doubt it.

Here are some applicable links:

French FJRs in LA

More of the Frenchies in LA with photos.

Cool European accessories not available here.

UK police FJR parts supplier

More photos of FJR poice bikes

Another link of Police FJR with city sidecases

Last edited by a moderator:
Harlan

You can check out this website FJR-TOURER, on the left side of the home page click on FJR1300, /A, /AS and again

on "Polizeiausfuehrungen". By now you'll know it's a German site :rolleyes: but you can get some good info and specs.

Stef

I think you will find slim side cases are a European accessory. On the UK Yamaha site they are listed here as "City side cases", detail here. Probably only availabe in (EDIT) UK colours (sorry, colors) Black or Midnight Black (whatever they are).

I don't know if a UK dealer would be prepared to ship to the US, and the Yamaha web site isn't helpful in locating a dealer unless you know where you are in the UK! Perhaps someone knows an "international" UK dealer?

I think you will find slim side cases are a European accessory. On the UK Yamaha site they are listed here as "City side cases", detail here. Probably only availabe in (EDIT) UK colours (sorry, colors) Black or Midnight Black (whatever they are).I don't know if a UK dealer would be prepared to ship to the US, and the Yamaha web site isn't helpful in locating a dealer unless you know where you are in the UK! Perhaps someone knows an "international" UK dealer?
Thanks for your help guys I'll just keep digging and see what I come up with .

I think you will find slim side cases are a European accessory. On the UK Yamaha site they are listed here as "City side cases", detail here. Probably only availabe in (EDIT) UK colours (sorry, colors) Black or Midnight Black (whatever they are).I don't know if a UK dealer would be prepared to ship to the US, and the Yamaha web site isn't helpful in locating a dealer unless you know where you are in the UK! Perhaps someone knows an "international" UK dealer?
Thanks for your help guys I'll just keep digging and see what I come up with .

Hey,

Parts numbers for the 06-07 are:

5JW-W0753-1L- 05 (left matt black)

5JW-W0753-1R-05 (right matt black)

You just need to find a Euro dealer that will export.

Hope this helps,

Kirk