FJR Rental in the UK

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fairlaner

The Bartender Whisperer
Reaction score
I have been searching for bike rentals in the UK for a few day and came across this

Doesn't seem too bad as it includes 17.5% VAT Insurance and unlimited miles. You can also ride it on the Continent (which you can't do with a car).

R

I have been searching for bike rentals in the UK for a few day and came across this
Doesn't seem too bad as it includes 17.5% VAT Insurance and unlimited miles. You can also ride it on the Continent (which you can't do with a car).

R
Ouch! That is like $800.00! I wish I could do it though!

R
I'm planning to hire a FJR in Oregon nest year, it will work out about $140/ day once all the additional waivers and fees are added so prices are about the same either side of the pond.

See you next year

dave

The weak dollar isn't helping things. I would think that is a pretty decent price though (like if i was still paid in pounds)

Good to know that you can rent ones that you can take to the continent. I wonder how they decide which bikes can go and which can't.... probably an insurance thing.

Wish there was more detail on their website tho, like accessories, what's included (top box, panniers?), what's not, etc. For more detail they send you to the Yamaha UK site..... hmmm.

How much would it cost to ship a bike over & back?

good question, i'd be interested to hear that as well.

I did an MV agusta tour in May, rented the bike there, which wasn't cheap at all. Also would be nice to have my own.

The only benchmark I have is that it cost about 800 pounds to ship my FJR from the UK to Japan. It cost a lot more to get it on the road here, but that is a different story......

The other issue with shipping is the fact that you don't have your bike for a month or so while it gets there. Air shipping will be a LOT more. But do-able.

So the question then becomes...."how bad do you want to ride your own bike VS renting one".....a question only you & your pocket book can answer.... :good: ....

Well being as us Brits drive on the wrong side of the road I think I would rather wreck the rental than my own.

Europe would be kinda fun though, especially the Autobahn, just watch your mirrors.

Richard

About $3400 air freight London to Vancouver BC and return. It is a possibility I've looked at and is viable if I stay for 4 weeks and cannot rent a FJR. I'll make that decision early next year.

Dave

About $3400 air freight London to Vancouver BC and return. It is a possibility I've looked at and is viable if I stay for 4 weeks and cannot rent a FJR. I'll make that decision early next year.

Dave
ouch
And if I hire a FJR for 25 days from FlyRideUSA in Bend Oregon I'm looking at $3500 if I include the CDW GPS hire and new tyre supplement. If I ship my own out it'll have the GPS fitted plus the sargant seat, Ohlins suspension etc. More research is needed between now and February when I'll have to start making bookings.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave
ouch
And if I hire a FJR for 25 days from FlyRideUSA in Bend Oregon I'm looking at $3500 if I include the CDW GPS hire and new tyre supplement. If I ship my own out it'll have the GPS fitted plus the sargant seat, Ohlins suspension etc. More research is needed between now and February when I'll have to start making bookings.

Dave

You should also factor in NA maps for your GPS. I would think shipping by boat would save you about 1/2.

You should also factor in NA maps for your GPS. I would think shipping by boat would save you about 1/2.
I already have the NA maps, a colleague in our NA office bought them over for me a few months ago. I had considered sea freight but as I do not have any other transport (I'm not able to use my company car for private use) I do not want to be without the bike for 4 - 6 weeks in June/July. I'm sure you'll hear more from me over the next few months asking advice on roads, hotels, places of interest etc now that the 07 vacation to Corsica is over.

Dave

Hey guys, I just phoned Raceways for you. They have a branch in West London near Heathrow Airport, so a short taxi ride or underground journey off the airplane.

The £395 per week includes insurance and breakdown cover for the UK but you would have to pay extra for European cover.

The good news is they come with panniers (side cases) included, so you could bring your luggage in pannier liners and off you go. There is plenty of info on their website but if you need more info, contact them at [email protected]

or reply to this topic and I can see what I can do.

Hey guys, I just phoned Raceways for you. They have a branch in West London near Heathrow Airport, so a short taxi ride or underground journey off the airplane.
The £395 per week includes insurance and breakdown cover for the UK but you would have to pay extra for European cover.

The good news is they come with panniers (side cases) included, so you could bring your luggage in pannier liners and off you go. There is plenty of info on their website but if you need more info, contact them at [email protected]

or reply to this topic and I can see what I can do.
Fly Virgin and you can get a ride on an FJR there! :yahoo: