FJR Repair CD's ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mi2az

Reaction score
I know BMW has a Repair "How to" CD and Harley-Davidson has "The Fix My Hog" repair CD as well as the Concours. But does the FJR1300 have a repair CD ?

Thanks

Yamaha only offers the printed manual. If you find CDs online, they are pirated scans.
+1 Hence why they are not promoted around here. If you really want one you will find one out there on the net, but around here we higly recommend buying the proper paper version from Yamaha. At least initially.

If he means the DVD videos I have seen for BMW's, I don't think any exist for the FJR. The Beemer vids were put together by owners, not BMW as I recall. Just get yourself a FSM and search the forums for more info if needed.

RayZ is what I was talking about. I was wondering if Repair DVD's were made and forsale. I would use the service manual alnong with some type of instructual DVD, But I guess they don't exists. Any of you guru's want to take that task on ? I would buy one.

RayZ is what I was talking about. I was wondering if Repair DVD's were made and forsale. I would use the service manual alnong with some type of instructual DVD, But I guess they don't exists. Any of you guru's want to take that task on ? I would buy one.
Gotcha. I misunderstood. No, none of those types of instructional videos exist.

You are aware of some the helpful tech websites like FJRTech.com and Bounce's fjr-tips.org?

This Forum contains many How-To articles, complete with loads of pictures and detailed text.

Outside of this Forum there are web sites with maintenance and farkle How-To articles also.

Warchild

Mark Johnson

H. Marc Lewis

Hmmm, perhaps someone should search out the good tech threads and put them in a How-To links page and pin it someplace.

Edit to note: Scoot types faster than I do, therefore a duplicate post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone remember "Sharp" from Belingham, WA ?? He looked into doing the DVD thing back in 2003 but was faced with some legalities, if I remember correctly that is.

Anyone remember "Sharp" from Belingham, WA ?? He looked into doing the DVD thing back in 2003 but was faced with some legalities, if I remember correctly that is.
If I am remembering correctly, which could be a stretch, I think his issue was that the dealer that was going to host the Tech Day had some liability/Yammie corporate issues.

Wasn't the guy who had THREE FJRs at one time? My HERO!!!! :wub:

IIRC Connie Fred (he who takes every bike he has apart within a week of purchase) was considering doing one/some.

He sold off his FJR and bought a new Connie when he didn't find an enthusiastic market for his stuff. My take on it was that there was already well-established tech resources out there (listed above) so a video wouldn't have brought much added value.

To be clear, that would be Fred H. A completely different animal than Fred W. ;)

I hesitate to bring this up at all as I know everyone here is very concerned with the legalities of pirated copyrighted materials, but I have stumbled upon a certain on-line parts purveyor that has a download section on their web site where they link to PDF copies of many,. many manuals for all different models of Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki and Polaris . I am not certain how they can do this legally, but if it was illegal I would think someone would have shut this thing down quickly. One thing I have noticed is that every page of the protected PDF file is watermarked with their name and phone number. I wonder if that is how they skirt the issue?

If this is legal, what a great resource it would be for all owners. If someone has the wherewithal to investigate this further, please PM me and I will provide you the web location.

One thing I have noticed is that every page of the protected PDF file is watermarked with their name and phone number. I wonder if that is how they skirt the issue?
Nah, illegal is illegal, no matter if you're dumb enough to put your name on it or not. There's so many of these sites, it's like cockroaches. You stomp one and they just buy another domain name and server.

It's a shame. A proper, cross-indexed, searchable, printable, electronic manual with photos you can zoom to see details is a joy to use, and I would pay Yamaha another $70-$100 clams for it. They could do wacky stuff like animate the ABS system diagrams, like Honda did once. But I'm probably preachin' to the choir.

Normally I'd agree. But this is not a small business, from what I can see. If they were actually breaking their copyrights, I'm fairly certain the parent companies would be coming down on them like stink on shit. But these links have been up for at least the past 3-4 months.

PS - I know what you mean about the after sale support. But the service part of the business probably thinks that would cannibalize their efforts. I'm in a service business (in healthcare) and we are required by law to make those documents available to both the equipment buyers and to any 3rd party service orgs (except for "proprietary" stuff, for which there needs to be an alternate non-prop procedure). We still get the lions share of the actual service business for other reasons.