FJR Riders in BL IV

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valetz

Reaction score
87147416-M.jpg

From TS pict site..

-bvw.

Last edited by a moderator:
87147416-M.jpg

From TS pict site..

-bvw.
I think the guy on the left was on an FZ1. Broke a chain in Las Vegas after hitting a retread. I'm on the right.

Of the remaining 5, 3 were in the top ten at the end. Must be the bike, eh... :)

My 05 knows it was treated badly. She made it the last 1K, plus the 1.8K home sounding like it was going to swallow an exhaust valve. An FJR pilot and rally volunteer was trying to make a recording of the poor thing at the final check-in. I think he was surprised it was still running. I guess I was too after removing my ear plugs. Holy crap. A new spark plug and some oil without 10K on it in Des Moines helped, but I think it needs another new head. Yes, another new head.

I'll try to recall enough detail to do a ride report at somepoint.

The quick and dirty, I rode hard, could have ridden harder. I took to many fun roads to win, and the points I left on the table on the last leg would have placed me higher in the final standing's. This is not really fair to the other's that did place higher however. A lot of people lost points at scoring.

Later.

Congats on a top ten ButtLite IIII finish! That's an impressive ride no matter how you look at it.

I'm curious. What tires did you end up running? And what kind of miles did you get out of them?

Congats on a top ten ButtLite IIII finish! That's an impressive ride no matter how you look at it.
I'm curious. What tires did you end up running? And what kind of miles did you get out of them?

Thanks!

I ran the Avon AV45/46 combo. They've got 11,500 on them and I rode them to work today in a light rain. That even includes quite a few miles in Nevada :)

I'm very impressed, I've never gone more than 7,500 on a set of tires before, and that was on the same Avon's.

I was concerned that I would need to find some replacements during the rally, but to even get me home...

I'm a believer.

My 05 knows it was treated badly. She made it the last 1K, plus the 1.8K home sounding like it was going to swallow an exhaust valve. An FJR pilot and rally volunteer was trying to make a recording of the poor thing at the final check-in. I think he was surprised it was still running. I guess I was too after removing my ear plugs. Holy crap. A new spark plug and some oil without 10K on it in Des Moines helped, but I think it needs another new head. Yes, another new head.
Yup, That was me, noisy noisy machine.... And Yes the camera did pick up the racket, I'll have to post it up.

-bvw.

Warning 3.7 MB

BL IIII Ticking Video

Note:

Piaa 910, w/ the igniter visible (ohhh ahhhh)

John Pedrow doing checkin (I was kinda helping)

Arlene Liska running over to talk to Brent Jass in Backgound.

Oh yeah, I think this bike has had the head replaced once already. :angry2:

You see boot towards the end, as I moved the camera in to get the mic closer

-bvw.

Yup, That was me, noisy noisy machine.... And Yes the camera did pick up the racket, I'll have to post it up.

-bvw.
Loud valves save lives.

I talked with several BL riders this weekend (none of the FJR riders, though). Sounds like scoring was harsh but the roads were great. Congrats on those finishes.

Somewhere east of Alamagordo, NM

27wytxy.jpg

Came right through the middle of it. You should havee seen the next one. Had to ride through the flooded streets of Barr, NM. I think that was the town. Put my foot down at a light and the water was over my boot and rushing at a good clip left to right