FJR trim. Take a little off the left side, please.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouthernCruizer

Is it Beer:30 yet?
Reaction score
Impressive!

img_7400.jpg

Why does HaulinAshe's name come to mind?

Humm, nope not Jeff, no knee protection and he's way to fussy about those Remus pipes to grind one up. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
What pipes are those? It looks like he has a Corbin smuggler on it as well. I love the way it looks.
Where those photographers set up is/has been IME in a area of switchbacks - like there's any straight section anyway on the dragon. One thing I'll say is that I have, um, sometimes been smiling at the camera when I shoulda been paying attention to the road and had to pull hard to bring her back in after realizing I was flashin' the "V" finger salute too long. OK, that's an exaggeration but you get the point. I'm thinking maybe the guy got distracted and had to scrape some parts to come back.

That or he coulda just been smokin' it through there! Dunno; if he doesn't respond and give his side I guess we'll just have to, well, guess!

My friend Greg & I are looking at one final trip up there end of the month; prolly be sorta cold but as long as no horrific weather (rain/storms) then think we'll go.

Good illustration of the value of leaning into a curve. He's bolt upright on the seat. Hanging off on the left, his bike would be much more vertical and doing a lot less grinding. (It's so easy to criticize somebody else's riding, isn't it?) :rolleyes:

I was gonna say the same thing, but being a WBA rider I didn't want to attract too much attention. :p

Really, you don't have to go all ass sliding around to make a big difference.

Just try shifting your torso inside some time in mid-corner. You know... kiss the mirrors. It's amazing how much the bike straightens up. But then you can't make the showy sparks. Wonder if he has those magnesium / titanium feelers?

Based on his knee angle he's apparently just a little feller...

His bike does look pretty sharp though.

But then you can't make the showy sparks. Wonder if he has those magnesium / titanium feelers?
Not possible. That's soft carbon steel making those sparks. Titanium and magnesium have a bright white spark.

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
I suspect most of those sparks are from the centerstand or kickstand rather than the pegs. +1 on rider position in the turn, he could level it out a lot,but that is on the ragged edge.