FJR Video on the way to Prescott

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice ride and some nice roads....Just wondering what type of mount was used on the FJR? I'm heading back down to Deal's Gap area after july 4th and wanna do some video just don't have a mount.

Good one Motordog1... :clap:

Unbelievable...not a single cage on that great road!

Stef

PS: I bet you don't have a Wilbers shock. I thought I detected a tiny wobble here and there when powering out of some bends. Am I right or is it some low-quality beer I'm sippin'? :dribble:

The mount I was using was a 1 inch ram ball with a 1/4 x 20 thread tapped into the original hole that came with steering head nut that came with a stem mount I had.

I will be switching to a much better setup. I have purchased just the bracket that attaches tot he gas cap ring from sportbikecams.com. This bracket comes with two tapped holes that fit the ram ball. There is no smoother place on the bike than on top of the gas tank. I can then use a variety of ram mounts for my Lowrance Iway 500c gps and my camcorder.

I have the stock 04 rear shock and for sure it is not the hot setup for a pace that on occassion drags hard parts.

Who else is using a Mac? I just bought a newer one w. Tiger OS and I can't find a program within that will open .wmv files. My old OS used to open them automatically. What would you suggest?

Kasey