FJR1300 To Be Retired

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There a YouTube presentation of the 2023 Fjr. One is in black cherry and the other is a blue with a white stripe going down the tank. They didn’t say where it’s going or when it would be available. Damn environmental crazies. Who wants to ride a gutless, soulless motorcycle with no range?
I saw that Youtube vid. No words, or indication which country they might be for but they did bring back the best color ;)

My not-so-humble opinion? Nobody knows squat! Not dealers and not anybody working for Yamaha even. Yamaha, like other Japanese OEMs is very secretive with their future plans and products. And the VERY few people who may know something want to keep their great job and keep their mouth shut! So don't believe anything a dealer or even a Yamaha sales rep will tell you. It is just their guess! The VERY smart feller I know not too long ago told me that Japan doesn't tell Yamaha USA shit about future FJR plans. Yamaha USA doesn't know if it coming or not until the shortly before it is publicly announced in late fall every year. He did say that he is confident there will be no FJR replacement after it is discontinued here as Yamaha seems to be putting effort and $$$ into the lightweight sport-tourer class, a-la the Tracer 9 GT.

My own personal SWAG? The last year that the FJR is available here we will see the Black/Gold edition that they have offered in the only markets they have discontinued sales - Europe and Japan. As for when that happens. My guess is 2023 or 2024. That opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it.

As for the originally referenced article? It was terrible. Short on facts and long on guesses. Irresponsible journalism.

My not-so-humble opinion? Nobody knows squat! Not dealers and not anybody working for Yamaha even. Yamaha, like other Japanese OEMs is very secretive with their future plans and products. And the VERY few people who may know something want to keep their great job and keep their mouth shut! So don't believe anything a dealer or even a Yamaha sales rep will tell you. It is just their guess! The VERY smart feller I know not too long ago told me that Japan doesn't tell Yamaha USA shit about future FJR plans. Yamaha USA doesn't know if it coming or not until the shortly before it is publicly announced in late fall every year. He did say that he is confident there will be no FJR replacement after it is discontinued here as Yamaha seems to be putting effort and $$$ into the lightweight sport-tourer class, a-la the Tracer 9 GT.

My own personal SWAG? The last year that the FJR is available here we will see the Black/Gold edition that they have offered in the only markets they have discontinued sales - Europe and Japan. As for when that happens. My guess is 2023 or 2024. That opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it.

As for the originally referenced article? It was terrible. Short on facts and long on guesses. Irresponsible journalism.

As Doris Day said,

Qué será, será
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours to see
Qué será, será
What will be, will be

Good to see a few old names piping up.

Being a CBA guy, my 2014 only rolled over 60k this week. Poor thing has to share time with three others. But that means I don’t have to worry about future FJR availability because I’ll be dead before I need another one.

Good to see a few old names piping up.

Being a CBA guy, my 2014 only rolled over 60k this week. Poor thing has to share time with three others. But that means I don’t have to worry about future FJR availability because I’ll be dead before I need another one.
Fred, We share the same status on our 2014’s. I too just turned 60k on my bike and it is just as good as the day I took it home from the dealer. At 80 years old I do not foresee a need to worry about wearing the bike out before I hang up my jacket. 🤠F1BA7701-057E-4F95-9E51-7F8817FC443E.jpeg

Truly a great machine. Going to pick up my 3rd FJR as soon as one is available within 100 miles of me.
Finally found one! Had to drive from Gainesville Florida to Rockingham NC in Christmas traffic to get it, but totally worth it. Got my windshield broken on the way home, still worth it. Feel like I'm home again.

The final FJR will be the yellow and black bumblebee Kenny Roberts edition, and they’ll charge $500 extra for it.