FJRf004: Altitude Surging

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TruWrecks

Still chewing thru the Restraints
Reaction score
I have now logged over 500 miles on my new ECU trouble free. Now that the TSB is out, and everyone else is being taken care of as supplies are shipped, I wanted to announce that this issue is now being brought to closure.

Thank you for allowing me to help get this issue resolved so quickly. I didn't do this by myself. We did it as a community! We banded together in to form a strong voice, and Yamaha listened! That's all it was. No more. No less. We did it together.

As the 2003-2005 owners have done with the "tickers", we have helped Yamaha improve on an already great motorcycle. Future owners will have an even better FJR because of people like the members of this forum.

thumbsup4kk.gif
thumbsup4kk.gif
thumbsup4kk.gif

TruSurge, error, TruWrecks,

I have to compliment YOU for the work you have done for our community. You went well above the call of duty, in a kind, thoughtful, respectful manner and achieved results for all affected FJR pilots.

For that, I Thank You -

Excellent job, dude... :rolleyes:

Hear, hear! Outstanding work!!
respect-046.gif
I do have some words of advice for you though, TruWrecks - particularly if you should find yourself at NAFO next year: You may want to keep a very low profile or wear someone else's name tag. I'm really serious. With a significant percentage of this forum's citizenry wanting to buy you a drink or 10 for all your dedication and perseverance on this issue, you're destined to be hung-over for at least a couple of months afterward and wind up in rehab with Lindsay, Paris and David Hasselhoff!
drinking-3.gif
And dammit, we just couldn't afford for that to happen around here. What if Yamaha decides to fuck something up on the '08? Who would we have to lead the charge?? Face it TruWrecks, you are the man!!
king-033.gif

I have now logged over 500 miles on my new ECU trouble free. Now that the TSB is out, and everyone else is being taken care of as supplies are shipped, I wanted to announce that this issue is now being brought to closure.
Thank you for allowing me to help get this issue resolved so quickly. I didn't do this by myself. We did it as a community! We banded together in to form a strong voice, and Yamaha listened! That's all it was. No more. No less. We did it together.

As the 2003-2005 owners have done with the "tickers", we have helped Yamaha improve on an already great motorcycle. Future owners will have an even better FJR because of people like the members of this forum.

thumbsup4kk.gif
thumbsup4kk.gif
thumbsup4kk.gif

thank you for your hard work

Thanks for your hard work TruWreaks on the "surge issue". I may have a 2004 but in time I'll be looking at a new FJR and you did the work Yamaha should have done. If you are EVER in my neck of the world I owe you a tour of my state and a drink.

Tom