FJRF012: Front Brake Switch

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lotecredneck

Reaction score
I just received this from the Dealer System...........

Intent to Recall 2011 FJR13A Models
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. has decided that a defect which relates to motor
vehicle safety exists in 2011 FJR13A model motorcycles. On affected motorcycles, the
brake light may not illuminate when the front brake lever is applied because the
activating mechanism in the front brake switch can bind. If the brake light does not come
on to alert other drivers when the motorcycle operator applies only the front brake, there
could be a crash resulting in injury or death.
Yamaha intends to recall these motorcycles for replacement of the front brake switch. A
Technical Bulletin with all necessary information will be provided in the near future.
Until then, please suspend sale of any new 2011 FJR13A motorcycles.
As with all safety recall campaigns, Yamaha will be notifying all registered owners of
affected units by mail.

I will post more as I know more.

Tony

Edit: this only appears to affect 260 bikes

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Tony!

I wonder why all of a sudden with the 2011s there is a problem there? Different supplier?

Called my dealer yesterday, and they hadn't heard about the potentially faulty front brake switch. They checked against my VIN, and discovered that indeed the recall includes my bike.

Part ordered, and they'll call when it arrives.

Thanks for posting this. Even though my bike's front brake switch seems perfectly fine, the heads up could have been a life saver.

:D