FJRF013.2: Recall ECU Reprogram (Post Trans Recall) (2016-2021)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked up my 2016 from the recall. Put the fairings back on and took it out for 25 miles Sunday ( I live in Mass.). The Bike shifted great and with more than enough power. It's so much FUN.
I don't know if the shop I took the bike to did the ECU reflash and did not ask.
I'm looking forward to getting out on the bike this spring.

Since the replace 2nd recall involves an ECU flash, I'd be surprised if the two weren't rolled up together. Ask your dealer or, if you can, tech.

When I saw Touchsport's post, I assumed he was referring to the 2nd recall for the ECU re-flash. I checked my 2018 ECU recall notice and in the middle of the recall form - written in bold text is this line:

You should not operate your affected motorcycle shown above until modification is performed.
Uh, unless Yamaha's lawyers all died, there's a snowball's chance in hell that sentence wouldn't be included.

"Sure the gas tank's seams will open up like a bag of Cheetos, but keep on riding." Uh-huh.

After I got the gear recall, not knowing what the odds of failure were, I grounded the bike. 'Course it was too darn cold to ride, then we picked up our cross the US camping trip. Easy-peasy. [laugh]