FJRForum.com New Chapter

Help Support FJRForum:

Ignacio

Intramural Culture Warrior
Staff member
Reaction score
Continued from this thread.

FJRForum.com was created in 2005 as a place for fellow FJR owners and enthusiasts to hang out and talk about the FJR and FJR community. During the past 16 years we've been a valuable technical resource, a place that Yamaha has listened to in evolving the platform, helped identify and fix a few problems along the way, and members cemented bonds of friendship online and in person first at regional events, and even international gatherings.

Things have also changed during that period with the challenges with a a founder passing away, a half-dozen administrators, extra-helpful members securing consistent hosting, enduring cyber attacks, patching, upgrading, tweaking this and that, and picking up the pieces after major upgrades. The biggest change occurred in 2019 when our free hosting and server resources came to an end as our FJR owning friend retired. I've continued it out of my own pocket for the past several years--all the time thinking about the best path to keep this place going as my life changes as well.

I decided this fall the best path forward was to sell it and accept that it would need to be in a for-profit model. On balance I believe its the best route to keeping core tenets of the forum intact while accepting the market of forums has and continues to change. The choice and decision was mine exclusively. The new owners invited current administrators to continue, Bounce and I have accepted, and plan to generally continue current policies, rules, and guidelines.

About a month after the transition I'm personally happy with the results so far, the promise of no adds for registered members continues, the new forum Xenforo software works well, image hosting is a huge plus we never really could offer before.

One big change is the addition of Angie as an administrator and I'm sure she will be adding her thoughts.

Thanks for your continued support and looking forward to everybody continue contributing to the FJRForum.com community as a resource and community.

Ignacio (aka Matt Watkins)

Last edited:

Cycle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Mark/Ignacio

I really don't have much to say more than he said. While there is a corporate type name, it's just the head guy and myself. The business name is just for separation from personal and business.

One of the things I do the best is to help you work with this new software, and see what is needed. Bounce and Ignacio and you will be mentioning things for me to check on and or fix.

This thread is one that I hope helps all.

Also, go not see ads, go to this link: https://www.fjrforum.com/account/preferences
Look for the Disable Ads, and click that box. Remember to save. Then while you are logged in the ads will not be shown to you.

So, we don't anticipate much in community changes from our side.

blufjr

blufjr
Reaction score
The site looks great and the ability to add pictures is fantastic. I couldn't tell you what the difference is, as I haven't been to involved since the FJ was added to the stable. Or should that be referred to as the slip now? I needed some info about a post I made around ten years ago and didn't have any trouble panning through my old posts to find it. That is one of the assists of this FJR Forum Site, and I am very thankful someone is willing to take it over, even if they have to make some money to keep it running. Thank you Matt Watkins for maintaining the site from your wallet for all those years. Much Gratitude from us, I know many are thankful.

Bounce

Chicks Dig Scars
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks to the original cadre for keeping me on after I filled in while they were all at (x)FO event (or the Iron Butt).

I've always felt like it was a way to "give back" and took up a personal goal or mending fences and smoothing ruffled feathers (long story for those who were active at the time). Sometimes it didn't work. Sometimes it did. It was the ones that worked that kept me trying. At work I was the "fixer" for especially challenging (internal) customers after something had blown up (interpersonal). Again, no 1000 batting average but each success was gratifying.

When Angie asked me to stay on, I was happy to as I saw it as some continuity for those who stuck with us through the rough times.

Cycle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm very happy Ignacio and Bounce stayed so this will stay pretty much as it was in outlook, but maybe better in tools to visit with. Especially the images. We love images and if you upload them here, they won't be messed with as one hosting site did a couple of years ago.

If you see something needed or wished for, post it and I'll discuss it with Ignacio and Bounce then may need to check with Tech depending on how extensive the wish is.