FJRForum Official 2019 Iron Butt Rally Tracking/Analysis Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw a posting on FB this morning I thought appropriate."Of course the winner for the IBR was a woman, look at the time she saved by stopping and asking directions. None of the men would do that"

Keep in mind this is purely meant in jest! Wendy rocks and deserves full credit for planning and pulling off one hell of a ride!

Jeff, can I call this rally your opus?
Opus? Naw, think Bill the Cat.
I think I understand.

billopusx.png

Has the leg 2 bonus list been made public anywhere? I know that pieces and concepts have been well-described, but sure curious about the actual listing and wording!
smile.png

Has the leg 2 bonus list been made public anywhere? I know that pieces and concepts have been well-described, but sure curious about the actual listing and wording!
smile.png
They'll be at the same place the Leg 1 bonuses were at if/when they release them.

Jeff Earls, I have a question that's been bugging me. Good to see you here instead of speculation from the forum.

When you designed this, did you know what the winning route would be? I know it's impossible to guess who will go where, but in assigning point values I would think you may be able to herd astute riders in a general direction.

Or am I reading too much into it?

Jeff Earls, I have a question that's been bugging me. Good to see you here instead of speculation from the forum.
When you designed this, did you know what the winning route would be? I know it's impossible to guess who will go where, but in assigning point values I would think you may be able to herd astute riders in a general direction.

Or am I reading too much into it?

<gestures>

These aren't the droids you're looking for.

<fog and mist>

Any news / updates on when the Epilog will be published ?? It was mentioned by the IBR Scribe, John Harrison on 28 June ??

As another FJR owner and not-so-frequent visitor to this site, I thank everyone involved in the administration and management of the forum generally, and also specifically for the IBR coverage. To those who have previously ridden - thank you for your insights and generosity in sharing your knowledge. I've been following the IBR since I did my IBA ride back in 2004, and each 2nd year I am in awe of those who attempt the IBR, let alone finish. It was such a pleasure being along for Wendy's win - the first woman
flirt.gif
to win, and the bonus for me is that it's on her 2005 FJR.

And the other information that this site directed us to - the daily reports (we all wish they could be longer), the Spot updates (it's funny how we expect to see movement in every 2 minute refresh interval
help.gif
), and the links to previous rally ride reports.

Thank you all - I've still got lots of reading to do on previous ride reports, FB ride reports and so on, so I fortunately don't need to go cold turkey, and hopefully I'll manage my withdrawal symptoms without needing to be medicated.
w00t.gif
dribble.gif

Epilog????
Still the same story as post #793 and #785. When it's done they'll post it on the website...just like they've posted everything else.
wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
As has been observed elswhere, their correct priorities are to focus on the riders and the IBR process. Spectators are a distant last, which is probably as it should be.

It is a bit wierd though, that two weeks after the rally the ironbutt.com site is still offline saying

"Due to the running of the 19th Iron Butt Rally and heavy web traffic the event causes, the Iron Butt Association web site is temporarily offline.".

Who knows what is going on, but I'm sure our musing is not going to produce any result.

Chatter on the Iron Butt forum indicates the IBA website is getting some form of software upgrade and should be back up soon.

It is a bit wierd though, that two weeks after the rally the ironbutt.com site is still offline saying
"Due to the running of the 19th Iron Butt Rally and heavy web traffic the event causes, the Iron Butt Association web site is temporarily offline.".

Who knows what is going on, but I'm sure our musing is not going to produce any result.
Not really. The link for the actual IBR has been linked, shared a bunch, and still in use in the very first post of this thread as well in post #785 I pointed to yet again. Any update will be there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.