FJRForum Official 2021 Iron Butt Rally Tracking/Analysis Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the timing tomorrow the same as previous CP? 
I’m also confused.  I thought IBR is an 11 day rally, but tomorrow is day 12. 

Is the timing tomorrow the same as previous CP? 
I’m also confused.  I thought IBR is an 11 day rally, but tomorrow is day 12. 
They are on Day 11 right now as they started at 10 a.m. MDT  June 21st.  As noted on the very first post of this thread:

RALLY FINISH - Friday, July 2, 10 am MDT

Penalty points accrue at 8:00:01am Scoring opens at 5am
Finishers' Banquet 6:30pm - Sold Out
They have about 22 hours left of Day 11.

I would note that the first of three times that I ran the rally I totally lost count about Day 8 or so.  I just knew where I needed to finish at and at what time.  The second time I ran the rally I literally wrote hashmarks on my SPOT tracker with a red Sharpie to keep track of the days.

images

Breaking News about John Coons’ Final Drive…. He’s about 30 minutes south of Eugene, Oregon, and the Scribe reported that he will not finish the Rally.

considering the resources available and being so close to Prove (14 hours), I sure hope he gets up and running before 7:00pm tonight…. That gives him 15 hours to Provo.

Breaking News about John Coons’ Final Drive…. He’s about 30 minutes south of Eugene, Oregon, and the Scribe reported that he will not finish the Rally.

considering the resources available and being so close to Prove (14 hours), I sure hope he gets up and running before 7:00pm tonight…. That gives him 15 hours to Provo.
Imagine that.  A final drive problem.  I do hope he can finish.  He has a good run going.

Based on the location map, I don't think any riders are in danger of DNF-ing if they are rested. A couple of riders in Oregon need to start heading that way. 

Edit: the rider is Grants Pass is not moving. I wonder if Coons limped his BMW there for some reason. 

I'm sitting here thinking about the IBR and CWS and realized what a crappy fan I am.  I call myself a baseball fan and suffer from a two wheeled obsession but only tune in for the championships.  I know how to get more baseball (But why would I want to watch and wait for my Giants to implode or drive down to Doak Field for NC State break my heart in person?) but where do I tune in to follow the rally "regular season"?

John’s dad (Charlie Coons) is on the job of tracking down a replacement. He is well connected in the BMW world. Fingers crossed Team Coons can get it swapped In Time to get John back to Provo for the finish!

They have about 22 hours left of Day 11.

I would note that the first of three times that I ran the rally I totally lost count about Day 8 or so.  I just knew where I needed to finish at and at what time.  The second time I ran the rally I literally wrote hashmarks on my SPOT tracker with a red Sharpie to keep track of the days.

2021 IBR – Day 11 Call-In Outtakes: Leg 3

"Anyhow, I'm babbling.That's it. Fear."

EDIT to fix link text