Florida Riders RTE Before the Heat Kicks In

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Alright guys lets have a spring RTE (Ride To Eat)

I am open up to all suggestions, but lets make this happen.

Place ?: Solomons Castle, Sebring (Cowpokes)…

Date?: Soon

Who is in? What are your best date and location?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in depending on date. My sched isn't too packed for that matter up until end of April.

Where? You guys know south center better; I personally prefer tiki huts & palm trees next to the sea...

I'm in for any weekend except April 14. I'll be at Moonshine.

I agree with Jim, hard to beat tiki hut, palm trees, and ocean breeze.

OK…

I took into consideration the riders responding so far and their preferences.

I thought maybe Center state / On the ocean and I have a few suggestions:

Mulligans Beach House Bar & Grill

OR

Tiki Bar & Grill in Sebastion

OR

The Original Tiki Bar |

Is April 7th too soon?

This is NOT an FJR specific RTE

Some members don't frequent the forum, so get ahold of the ones you are in contact with.

Any of those would work. I see Mulligans has multiple locations but I think Sebastion, Vero, or Stuart would work out best.

April 7 is good for me.

Any of those would work. I see Mulligans has multiple locations but I think Sebastion, Vero, or Stuart would work out best.
April 7 is good for me.
I think the Stuart one looked nice, but I think Vero would be best for Location purposes. DarkSpirit wants to ride some distance, so Sebastian would kinda

be too close. Vero is a straight shot for YummYam and not too bad for fjab. jgreen is the furthest out (Butt needs distance training for future rides
punk.gif
)

So… Lets call it for April 7 at the Mulligan's say 11:30 to beat the rush?

Here: Mulligan's Beach House Vero Beach | Family Restaurant | Mulligan's Beach House

Is that agreeable to everyone? Earlier? Later?

Do some inner circle inviting and reach out to those who may be interested.

Can someone post up on the other forums?

So… Lets call it for April 7 at the Mulligan's say 11:30 to beat the rush?

Here: Mulligan's Beach House Vero Beach | Family Restaurant | Mulligan's Beach House
That works for me. I have a semi regular summer beach run where I'll leave pre dawn to beat the heat and head down to Vero for breakfast at a little place I know about, then I beat feet home and back by noon or so. I'll do the beach run down but just leave a little later to get there by 11ish. See you all down there!

Will see y’all there, hope to bring a couple of fellow riders.

Thanks for suggesting, Jim. Be good to see again.

Bummed I'll miss this gathering - be out of town. Looking forward to meeting up with some of the FL riders.
Hey Ray, They are just like us New England riders, but a lot sweatier! (A less tactful guy would have said we are cooler. ;) )

Which gets me to my question for you southern fellows... when, typically, does the weather get hot and humid to the point of annoyance? Keep in mind that I am a cold blooded yankee and have a low tolerance for heat. Tryin to plan a southern journey before it gets oppressive.

Thanks in advance

Which gets me to my question for you southern fellows... when, typically, does the weather get hot and humid to the point of annoyance? Keep in mind that I am a cold blooded yankee and have a low tolerance for heat. Tryin to plan a southern journey before it gets oppressive.
Fred,

This time of year the weather is totally unpredictable. Its all about the fronts, gulf stream and other tangibles.

It may be in the 80s all week and then a front moves in and it may turn cold and miserable (In the 50s/60s) However by the end of

June you can count on Hot and balmy with down pours almost every afternoon. July and August are generally night riding comfort

only.

I speak for south Florida only though. Spring and especially fall are just plain awesome times to ride here.

For your blood, you might want to use caution with Late May through Mid September in south Florida. Oh, almost forgot…

every bike week/IBA dinner ride; you can count on an (unusually) cold front visit.
cold.gif

Fred,

This time of year the weather is totally unpredictable. Its all about the fronts, gulf stream and other tangibles.

It may be in the 80s all week and then a front moves in and it may turn cold and miserable (In the 50s/60s) However by the end of

June you can count on Hot and balmy with down pours almost every afternoon. July and August are generally night riding comfort

only.

I speak for south Florida only though. Spring and especially fall are just plain awesome times to ride here.

For your blood, you might want to use caution with Late May through Mid September in south Florida. Oh, almost forgot…

every bike week/IBA dinner ride; you can count on an (unusually) cold front visit.
cold.gif
What Tony said about fall and spring.

I ride year round, but June - Sept can be a challenge. I normally like to get on the road at day break and be done by around noon. The problem in the afternoons is it's just plain hot the sun is beating down, plus you have road heat coming up.

Then not to mention thunderstorms.

I do have to say we have had a very, very nice March!!

By the time late May rolls around, we're usually in the hot/humid part of the yr and it's bad all the way through September. I am retired so local riding can choose my times vs when I rode year round before. That said, early morning (like my dawn ride reference above to Vero), or after the afternoon thunderstorms is the best time usually.

I worked 2nd shift for yrs because like any place, it was easier to get things done w/o all the bosses around, and also was cooler at night. I rode pretty much every day to/from work, and in fact hit a Florida wild hog (pig) on the way home on the very first day I owned my FJR!