Florida Riders RTE Before the Heat Kicks In

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You riding the matchless there? I'm riding Saturday for the first time after some surgery and as long as I'm comfortable and pain free I should make it for lunch.
Have some ALEVE in the tank bag, it can help with minor pains.

*And if you would, do me a favor and punch that David Hogg in the mouth before you head north.

Ya know... I'm not going to get into an argument about the whole Parkland #neveragain thing and what the kids are doing.

I will just say that my daughter was on the second floor of the building and the shooter walked right by her door and killed a kid in the hallway. The only reason I can think of that he didn't come in their room is that the teacher had locked the door and put some paper over the GLASS window in the door so he probably didn't think there was anyone in there.

Ya know... I'm not going to get into an argument about the whole Parkland #neveragain thing and what the kids are doing.
I will just say that my daughter was on the second floor of the building and the shooter walked right by her door and killed a kid in the hallway. The only reason I can think of that he didn't come in their room is that the teacher had locked the door and put some paper over the GLASS window in the door so he probably didn't think there was anyone in there.
My friend/coworker's wife is a teacher there also. Nearly the same thing happened to her. The shooter tried the locked door, even knocking,

and when he couldn't get in (Easy/quickly) he fired at the wall with gunshot and moved on.

In reality though… there are over 4,000 deaths of student nationwide EVERY YEAR due to texting while driving… ban all cell phones?

Close to 350 deaths by shooting in schools in the last 100 years. Hogg was opposed to clear back packs saying it violated their rights…Really?

Tide pods are a problem, and now I see the kids are shoving condoms up their noses and out their mouths ???

I do NOT envy teachers in any way. I am also glad your daughter was fortunate… what a tragedy.

Chivvalry,

Thanks for asking and sorry for the late reply but..........no, FJR is my date for the day!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice little RTE, thanks and nice to meet you all. Was 92 degrees heading out of Ft Pierce and thankfully the sky faucets opened up and cooled me off wonderfully.

Firecracker shrimp taco FTW!

Straight shot home on the super slab and just walked in the house... Id have paid money for a quick cooling off from the sky faucet but alas no such luck.

Nice little RTE, thanks and nice to meet you all. Was 92 degrees heading out of Ft Pierce and thankfully the sky faucets opened up and cooled me off wonderfully.
Firecracker shrimp taco FTW!

Straight shot home on the super slab and just walked in the house... Id have paid money for a quick cooling off from the sky faucet but alas no such luck.
Well put… Rain is a wonderful thing when the temps are over 90.

I had the Firecracker shrimp wrap - It was very good !

Thanks for all who attended. I liked the place. That was the first time that I have been east in Vero.

I found out why the GPS was routing me to the south on A1A and down to the Indrio ramp onto I-95, it has a much better (East to West) ride.

Home around 4pm. Couple of short showers outside of Vero, no more. Good to see old and new friends.

Reckon it was the windiest ride, anywhere, ever, for me.

Thanks all for coming.

BlEmT5z.jpg

jIOtfWS.jpg

Great to catch up with everyone again, it's been too long since the last time!

Yes, liked that place! Anywhere you can see the ocean is OK by me.

So glad to hear that you guys are getting together. Great group of riders. I miss see all of you and sharing stories. Sorry to say my riding days are virtually over. Long, long story, but all is okay.

Jim