Florida RTE?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fljab

Reaction score
Hey all, we need to think about getting the gang back together sometime in April. It's going to be hotter than hades again before we know it, so let's think about someplace to meet up, OK?

I was thinking one of two areas - and these are just suggestions - but either Vero Beach to maybe Stuart, or central like maybe north of I-4, south of SR40, and east of I-75. We can figure it out from there, or? open to suggestions.

My poor old FJR needs a good run, so let's think of something.

Hey Jim, Tony, good to hear from you both again.

Would be good to see you and some of the other reprobates this side of Hades! Cowpokes is a good place to start but how does that sit with others out there?

We are all pretty flexible re venues, so let's hear some thoughts!!!

I'm in! My FAA certification will be over by then. Sebring sounds good but, anywhere will be fine. Jim, what do you have in mind in Stuart? Just curious. My favorite Italian restaurant into the world is in Stuart. I'll have to call in advance to reserve enough booths together but, I'll do it if I have to. They love me and I love them. I'm sure I can pull that off. Let's get a body count and we'll go from there. Tally Ho!

I wasn't thinking of going to Sebring, but no problem going there if that's the consensus.

Vic, have no place special in Stuart, so could go with Italian. Maybe I'll do a "dawn ride" on the way down - go to Port Canaveral and follow A1A all the way down - to Vero Beach at least. There's a place on the beach there I have breakfast but it's been a while since there the last time. Stuart would be a good ride.

RZ! Mark, yes, come on down, be good to catch up. Dave moved off on us but we'll get by somehow.

A RTE sounds great. I am always in.

I think in the past it worked best when someone steps up and just names a date, time and place. Whoever can be there comes!

While I live in South Florida. We spend many weekends in Crystal River. I'll pretty much go anywhere from the panhandle south.

I'm in! My FAA certification will be over by then. Sebring sounds good but, anywhere will be fine. Jim, what do you have in mind in Stuart? Just curious. My favorite Italian restaurant into the world is in Stuart. I'll have to call in advance to reserve enough booths together but, I'll do it if I have to. They love me and I love them. I'm sure I can pull that off. Let's get a body count and we'll go from there. Tally Ho!
What's the name of that restaurant???

I'm all for going with Vic's suggestion of the italian place in Stuart. So, until he has a chance to reply and tell us where that is - how about a date? I'm open pretty much any weekend except this upcoming Saturday - but that's too soon anyway. Everyone look at your calendar and see when you're free. I'm OK up until the May 6/7 weekend.

The 29th is good for me. It is actually the only weekend in April that I have available.

Soooo… I am in if this date holds up! Lets get this in soon though as the seasonal ride/events are starting

to open up north and beyond (Poor Bastards… imagine… a riding "Season")
lol.gif

Place makes little difference.

Do you guys allow new members without an FJR (yet) to join in on this ride? It's a Yamaha and a sport tourer though.
smile.png

1993 GTS1000

Last edited by a moderator:
rdrasher posted: Do you guys allow new members without an FJR (yet) to join in on this ride? It's a Yamaha and a sport tourer though.
smile.png

1993 GTS1000
If you have to ask .....

Please show up, otherwise they'll have to make fun of each other.