Flush-line flushmount turn signals

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiderCoach Lar

FJRm'd and dangerous
Reaction score
Had been thinking of replacing the ugly stock turn signals on my '03 with some flushmounts. Others on the forum have done it and it improved the look a LOT. So I bit the bullet and bought a set of LED Flush-line flushmounts from Jeff at Sportbikeeffects.com. With the resistor kit for the LED's and shipping, the bill came out to a little over $98, even after the forum discount.

Now, don't get me wrong, I think Jeff is great. I've purchased from him before and I will again, but IMHO these particular flushmounts are junk and not even close to being worth that price. They did not fit snug with the included mounting hardware, requiring a trip to the hardware store for additional hardware, and the wiring, which included conflicing instructions on how the wire in the resitors, consisted of 22 gauge wire, completely inadequate for that application. To top it all off, they're nowhere near as bright as the stockers.

After spending more than two hours trying to install just one side, I gave up and reinstalled the stock signals. If anyone's interested in these flushmounts, PM me with an offer.

FWIW, Jeff said he's not had a complaint on these.

I'd think 22 gauge wire would be fine for LEDs due to their far lower current draw.
If you look at current draw and nothing else, you're right, 22 gauge is sufficient. However, if you also consider the 16 gauge pig tails on the resistors and the cheap wire connectors supplied to make that connection, and given size of the male wire connectors supplied in order to plug into the much heavier 16 gauge wiring on the bike, it's inadequate for that particular application...IMHO.