Flying To St. Louis Tomorrow

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
   Tomorrow morning I will be flying to St. Louis to pick up my ‘18 FJR.  This will be my 1st new bike since I was 17 years old and bought a brand new 1979 Suzuki GS425E.

I will be riding it home to Florida via non- interstate roads. I hope to get an idea for a route on the flight there. I am shooting for 2 days of riding, then parking the bike in my garage and taking my ‘09 to Texas for the B.A.T. Banquet. Need a BBG out and another back to Florida.

This makes 3 FJRs and 1BMW In the stable. I need to get busy next year and thin the herd to 2.

-Tony

You didn't want to wait and see what yamaha has for new FJR. We should know soon I think. I believe it is about this time of year they anounce the new model. I assume you got a great deal on it.

Enjoy the ride,

Dave

I had forgotten just how uncomfortable these stock seats are.. now I am unpleasantly reminded. My helmet is off to those who can ride them.
++1.

I did a 773 mile day (somebody says, "is that all?") on I-70 from St. Louis, MS to Limon, CO the summer of 2017. It was windy and hot to say the least and that stock seat was just awful.

I had forgotten just how uncomfortable these stock seats are.. now I am unpleasantly reminded. My helmet is off to those who can ride them.
I am managing with the stock seat - better than the Russell that was on my used 2011 when I got it!  Built for someone way smaller than me and mashed sensitive bits against the tank.  Gotta get a proper one!  

Everything is relative.  There isn't a seat made that could allow me to tolerate the miles Tony seems to do without effort.  I can do several successive 700 mile days and an occasional 1000 mile day.  But 30,000 miles in a month - no way!

Congrats on the bike.

Well, I had to stop for the night as I hit the 600 mile mark. Hopefully the local shop here will get me taken care of quickly tomorrow.

BTW: Has anyone else who owned a Gen 1 or Gen 2, REPEATEDLY turned the emergency flashers on when trying to start the bike?

And some in that area going for $11999 .  With shipping to WA it still would make sense to pick one up.

I have tried two different aftermarket seats but I'm fine with the factory seat. I have done several 1000+ mile days on the stock seat - no complaints here.