• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FOBO TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) -- GROUP BUY

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sensors just unscrew apart. Couldn't be easier. The bottom part, where the hole is for the valve stem, has a ridged edge. Grab the top of the cap while holding that ridged bottom rim and unscrew. I believe mine came with batteries installed, and spares in the box.

debated getting the kit from murphskit, same sensors as my c14 had. great price. https://www.murphskits.com/product_info.php?products_id=421

looks like it has a big chunky dash box, not crazy about that though.

hope the size of these doesn't drive me nuts, i suspect i won't notice them after a bit of time on the bike.

i play music with wired headphones from my phone, so alarms would be ok and not a constant display. i think, lol

curious how long the GB is good for?? saving up

There is no time limit. When you want the $20 discount, just send them an email. I am still very happy with mine! When I get another bike, these FOBO units will be one of my first purchases.

Mine is still going strong and I've had it for a year or two. Works fine with my garmin 595lm. Cheaper than the garmin caps alone and I get alerts whether I'm using the gps or just an iPhone.

I contacted the folks at FOBO via email. I received a response in exactly 18 minutes. Order has been placed at the $95 discounted price for a set of black sensors and a pair of t valves. Great customer service.

Hey there - haven't seen any thoughts on what alert limits people are using so wanted to hear what the wisdom was around this. 5 lbs below? More? Less? Thanks!!!!

I generally set alarms at 5 low and 10 high. Temp is auto set at 149F. I have received a temp alarm during a 1000 mile run combined with tour of honor. Tire was fine, pressure was fine, I had just ridden so far and heat soaked the tire by quick flag photo stops that it got hot. I watched it for a while as it moderated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone used these with right-angle valve stems? I like the idea of the T valve don't want to wait until I need to change tires again..

Right angle works fine, but all right angle stems aren't the same. Some almost touch the wheel. I prefer t-stems. If you were referring to stock stems- they'll work, but they'll eventually fail. Even in just the 4,000 miles I ran my FoboBike until the next tire change and t-stem install, the OEM rubber stems developed a permanent bend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Bill/Cumbersome. I ordered Ts and FOBOs and plan to install the Ts with the first tire change while using the FOBOs immediately.

I installed the FOBO T-Stems without removing the tire from the rim. I did break the bead on one side and clamped the tire to the other side in order to expose the inside of the OEM stem to cut it off. Then installed the T-Stem. Then re-balanced the wheel as the T-stem adds noticeable weight. I don't recall how much weight but it was probably about 20 grams.

Latest posts