FODS 2016 returns to WV

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spklbuk

Reaction score
FODS - For Ol’ Don Stanley – 2016

What: Ride, eat, sleep, repeat all-bike meet
When: Thurs-Mon June 2-6
Where: Holly River State Park, Hacker Valley, WV
Why: in memory of our friend BeemerDonS
How: Cabins and camping are available and there is a restaurant on site.

Riders are responsible for their own reservations
Holly River State Park
680 State Park Rd.
Hacker Valley, WV 26222
(304) 493-6353
[email protected]
1-800-CALL WVA
https://www.hollyriver.com/

Fuel: available nearby along WV20 both north and south of the park.
• Hacker Valley Grocery has fuel, deli sandwiches, simple supplies and wi-fi.
• Can’t remember the name to the north along WV20N but the business has fuel and supplies similar to the above and is located between the park and Rock Cave.
Dining:
• Holly River Restaurant on-site among 101 Unique Places to Eat in WV
• Rella’s Roadside Café, Hacker Valley - country home-cookin’ including extra good pie as made famous on Adv Rider
• Helvetia Hutte Restaurant, Helvetia, WV
• The Custard Stand, Webster Springs
• C. J. Maggie’s, Buckhannon, WV
• Ellie May’s at Elk Springs Resort, Monterville, WV – still twitchin' fresh trout
• Café Camino Country Inn, Sutton, WV – WV finery if highfalutin is your thing
Groceries:
• Rock Cave IGA to the north
• G&R IGA at Webster Springs to the south
• Shopping of all descriptions in Flatwoods/Sutton and Buckhannon

Routes: Downloadable .GPX files available at https://www.attacktheroad.com/fodswv/index.php/event-information/routes

Y'all come. Everyone is welcome!
FODS WV 2016 downloadable GPX. route files now available... https://www.attackthe...ormation/routes

Last edited by a moderator:
Holly "A River Runs through it" State Park? I may still not have a dual sport by then, but I would love tearing down 20 on the 15!

IN! JSNS

Holly "A River Runs through it" State Park? I may still not have a dual sport by then, but I would love tearing down 20 on the 15!
IN! JSNS
Nurse enough wax covered mule piss and you can run the river! We'll sell tickets!!

In! JSNS...A river runs through it
lmaosmiley.gif
, and watch out for the slugs, Mike
laugh.png

Good point Bill. The cabins at Holly River are very popular. However I had no idea they were that popular.

Joe, I'm betting someone will end up in Buckhannon at a motel so Bill will be off the hook.

Interested...... Have to figure this into the calendar how to get permission.
Pam will let you, especially if you bring her along. Besides you have already been appointed a duty. Somebody has got to keep Billy in line.

Holly River State Park gave me a 10% veteran discount.

They have discount for 60 years old (close), military and veteran.

Probably won't make FODS this year either.I want to be home for a once in a lifetime event.

My first born son's first born son is due June 3rd.

smile.png
Congrats...we'll celebrate for ya
Thanks!

I need to figger out how to get you guys some cigars out there...
cigar.gif

smile.png
No worries. Mike is in charge of the better than good cigars (and story telling of course) and we will all have one in celebration your new grandson Russ! People are gonna start to think of you as an old man it you keep this grandpa trend rolling.

There is lots of good dual sport near Whytheville...hint hint.

Subscribing. I'm not sure yet how I'm going to pull it off, but I really want to get some dirty 'Strom time in the Virginias sometime this year.

No worries. Mike is in charge of the better than good cigars (and story telling of course) and we will all have one in celebration your new grandson Russ! People are gonna start to think of you as an old man it you keep this grandpa trend rolling.
I am an old man!

This will be grandkid # 7... :)

Latest posts