FODS 2016 returns to WV

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats, ya lucky bastid!

As for the tallness, it isn't like a street bike; you aren't supposed to be able to touch both feet down at the same time. You only need one down at a time to keep from falling over. ;) If you need to back the bike up you have to dismount first and then yank it back from the side (hint: lean the bike into you)

fool.gif
Here ya go...

Got used the height after a few minutes. Going to put on the skid plate and disc protectors.

Getting nervous about the work vacation approval?? Hasn't been approved yet on the computer?

Will bump the boss Monday, i know he's been busy.

Off to training net week, two techs quit in another branch.

Don't know if I have FYB balls to tell them fuck you I'm going.

Jim,

Do we have a head count of how many will be attending? It will help me figure out how much pulled pork I'll need to bring down.

Bout what time do folks get motivated and get rolling in the am? I could possibly make it a day trip down and back, but just need to plan for about 6 hours in travel there and back.

Most of the folks will be on dual sports. If I do make it down, there will be a couple FJRs there. Plan on about a 9ish blast off time.

Jim,
Do we have a head count of how many will be attending? It will help me figure out how much pulled pork I'll need to bring down.
Joe the ballpark figure is about the same as last year ~ =20.

It seems the organizer has a severe case of KISS and has not put much effort into organizing or counting.

The pig has been smoked, and pulled. So there will be that. We'll have to do the pulled pork Thursday or Friday, since I'll be packing up for a Saturday morning departure. See you all at Holly River...JSNS

Oh, and Wayne...Don't forget the big pot!

Last edited by a moderator:
The pig has been smoked, and pulled. So there will be that. We'll have to do the pulled pork Thursday or Friday, since I'll be packing up for a Saturday morning departure. See you all at Holly River...JSNS

Oh, and Wayne...Don't forget the big pot!
What??? It looks like Saturday will be the first good day for our type of riding. I am going to leave early Thursday to make sure I get set up before the thunderstorms!

Joe - large pot packed along with tongs and spoon to stir, Coleman 2-burner stove, and fuel for Coleman 2-burner stove. I've got a can of baked beans we can heat up too. We'll have to get a head count Thursday so we can pick up buns and sides Friday for dinner.

Final packing prep done. Have to get through work tomorrow and then put everything on the trailer / in the car tomorrow night.

I'll be there Wednesday afternoon. Got a cabin offsite but checked website a little while ago and showed accommodation onsite so checking tomorrow to see if we can move closer. Someone must have backed out because there were no cabins available tow weeks ago or it could be glitch on their website. anyone else arriving Wednesday???????

I'll be there Wednesday afternoon. Got a cabin offsite but checked website a little while ago and showed accommodation onsite so checking tomorrow to see if we can move closer. Someone must have backed out because there were no cabins available tow weeks ago or it could be glitch on their website. anyone else arriving Wednesday???????
Jim and I will both be there tomorrow afternoon.

Jim and I will both be there tomorrow afternoon.
Bastards!!!

I have extra coolers and my Coleman stove with fuel as well. I hope to be there early afternoon tomorrow.