FODS 2017? Spearfish SD in Conjunction with VSTROM Group?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjohnsd

2021 BMW R1250GSA
Reaction score
Any Dual Sport/Adventure Guys interested in coming to the Black Hills the Last Weekend in June 2017?

There are many miles of Gravel and Dirt as well as some Technical stuff.

There seems to be a group of Vee and Wee Stroms interested.

If it seems like there is general interest I'll book Bell's and we can have a grand time, similar to what we did in the FJR Black Hills Roundup.

Dakota Adventure Loop Route

Ride Report of the Adventure Loop

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I'm interested. I tried to connect with a friend in Kansas to run the Dakota Adventure Loop last summer but the trip went bust. Might try to make this "the big summer trip" for '17.....

Black Hill's National Forest has many campsites, Spearfish City Park is close to the Proposed Rally HQ and has showers etc

My 2017 is just plain full.

I'm, going to repeat the Black Hills Roundup in 2018, will piggyback both FJR and DualSport theme and add a few days to the program. I'm looking at several days for pavement riding and enough time for someone that wanted to do do the DAKAL Loop as well. I'm trying to find someone that has done the DAKAL to act as a guide for a group that wants to go. The guy that was was the principal in the development of DAKAL was my Partner in Outdoor Motorsports. I'm hoping he might step up, if not, there are a few guys really familiar with the loop.

Details will be forthcoming soon, probably while I'm recovering from the new knee in January.

My 2017 is just plain full.
I'm, going to repeat the Black Hills Roundup in 2018, will piggyback both FJR and DualSport theme and add a few days to the program. I'm looking at several days for pavement riding and enough time for someone that wanted to do do the DAKAL Loop as well. I'm trying to find someone that has done the DAKAL to act as a guide for a group that wants to go. The guy that was was the principal in the development of DAKAL was my Partner in Outdoor Motorsports. I'm hoping he might step up, if not, there are a few guys really familiar with the loop.

Details will be forthcoming soon, probably while I'm recovering from the new knee in January.
Sign me up and I will help with anything! I'll be loading up the old hailed out motorcycle trailer full of bikes and will look forward to riding both on and off road.

Wooo Hoooo! Looks like I found a group to ride the DakAL with September 10th - 15th and I can get a head start on experiencing the full Dakota Adventure Loop before Black Hills Roundup of 2018. A guy that goes by Sleddog from the Sioux Falls area is organizing it starting out of Hill City SD on Sepember 10th. This will be a hotel based ride with most folks not camping, which I am fine with on my first overnight dirt ride. If anyone else is interested, Sleddog is organizing this on the Glacial Lakes Motorcycle Club forum. Yes we had glaciers in the Dakotas before global warming melted it about 13,000 years ago, but that damn glacier keeps trying to return about this time of year.

DakAL 800 mile ride September 10, 2017

Glacier Lakes Motorcycle club https://www.glmc.org/

Last edited by a moderator: