FODS WV 2016 - Picture Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I want to go take my Tenere and 690 Enduro R offroad again!

Sounds like a good bit of fun and some real adventure. Intrigued by the air vest comment. Info appreciated. :)

duane

That 12 mile dirt road the GPS took me on in the truck was special.

Bumped the KTM sideways. Dropped you right off in the park.

Stopped twice and nobody knew anything about the campground ?

Wandered further in the sticks and the lady at a country store gave me directions.

Stopped not far from the dirt road at another little store fore a double check.

The lady called ahead and told him I was coming, how nice.

no.gif
Not me. I ain't sayin' nuttin more...

20160604_141104_zpsdgbo7taw.jpg

20160604_144412_zpscefvna2c.jpg

Photos courtesy of 78YZ

I like how you cut Mike's face out of the picture! Oops! He said it wasn't so bad until he felt the water come over the top of his boots!

I like how you cut Mike's face out of the picture! Oops! He said it wasn't so bad until he felt the water come over the top of his boots!
I think Bill, our resident high def radar meteorologist extraordinaire, said the exact same thing just a day or two before!

No edits. The above is a stolen pic as posted by YZ78 elsewhere.

Mike who?

Wow! Looks like you all had a blast and got into a little trouble as well. Does this mean I have to get a dual sport machine now? I did a lot of dirt riding as a kid. It's the best training for street riding in my opinion. I never saw Mike's KTM dirty. What a nice machine. Thanks for all the pics. They were fun to browse through.

Nothing but love for the powerman!! The real miss was not getting a picture while we were trying to turn around up around that next corner!!

Hey go easy on Mike! He told us he was still learning how to sit on the KTM and to give him extra time because he is special.
smile.png

I never saw Mike's KTM dirty. What a nice machine. Thanks for all the pics. They were fun to browse through.
Mike did a great job at keeping that shiny orange beast upright both days!! Just like me, he only had issues when we stopped! My only drop of the weekend was while trying to turn around! That footage is next on the editing table...

Last edited by a moderator:
When I first saw the Katoom in VA, it had no dirt on it....... still looks like it has none. KTM= Kan't Do Mud??? We need pictures.

Bob

That second pic from the top is where I got my Tenere hung up the next day. Right on the left side coming toward the camera.

I had 80/20 tires and had just went down 1/4 mile before that and sprained my left ankle pretty good.

Once back on black top I aborted my trip and headed home before my ankle would not let me get home. I saw you at an intersection looking over your bike but did not know it was you so did not stop and was only thinking of breaking camp and getting home.

I think Bill, our resident high def radar meteorologist extraordinaire, said the exact same thing just a day or two before!
Water in my boots was crystal clear and the bottom of the river was rock solid.

I'll have to pack a winch next time like Mr DS used to pull his bike out of the quicksand. I don't think my KTM branded tow strap would have done much to pull anything out of that muck.

13403206_1787953924761293_3125135064763932551_o.jpg

Water didn't look very deep until my front fender got swallowed on the other side.
uhoh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Water in my boots was crystal clear and the bottom of the river was rock solid.

Water didn't look very deep until my front fender got swallowed on the other side.
uhoh.gif
It never does.

LOL