foot pegs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sliick2

Reaction score
Just was wondering if there is any other highway type foot pegs out there that would be better or improve on "Wild Bills " design. I'm a little scared of the way that "Bills" brackets are mounted into the engine cases. Not that they haven't worked for others.Thinking about possible leaks. Thanks in advance. Sliick B)

This would b for a second gen FJR .

Last edited by a moderator:
Just was wondering if there is any other highway type foot pegs out there that would be better or improve on "Wild Bills " design. I'm a little scared of the way that "Bills" brackets are mounted into the engine cases. Not that they haven't worked for others.Thinking about possible leaks. Thanks in advance. Sliick B)

Motorcycle Larry also makes a similar sort of peg but it mounts the same way. I prefer the look of his pegs but haven't actually tried them. I wouldn't worry so much about leaks but more about damage to the cases if the bike is dropped.

Ross

It looks like MCL buys the plates from Wild Bill, powdercoats them and adds the pegs. I've got a set of WB's and haven't had any leaks. One side loosened up once on me so I check them occasionally. I've wondered how to mount HW pegs differently, but the mounting options are very limited.

I have wild bills highway peg brackets but I made up my own footpegs. They are a combination of the yamaha oem passenger footpegs and the YZF600R rider footpeg brackets. I haven't had any trouble with the pegs touching down in high speed corners or a problem with the case covers leaking and I did drop my bike twice. Pics of my set up

highwaypegsandbikestuffforsale005.jpg

highwaypegsandbikestuffforsale004.jpg

highwaypegsandbikestuffforsale003.jpg

highwaypegsandbikestuffforsale002.jpg

Nothing wrong with Wild Bill's mounting plates, but I don't like his pegs, which I had on my first FJR. They're not long enough, for one thing. On a Gen I, anyway, your calves will rub against the sharp edge of the fairing, and you can't get your whole foot on the peg--it's kind of half on and half off. I also prefer a rubber insert on the top of the peg like the OEM footpegs so your foot won't slip.

For my second Feejer, I bought (through the forum, fortunately, since they're foolishly overpriced) a set of Kuryakin 90o extenders and footpegs, so they stick our farther and a little bit higher and farther away (better leg extension) than if they came directly out of the mounting position on the WB plates. It's a good setup. I found a pic of something similar to mine.

GM4Z9001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks All! Its really great to get this kind of feedback. Its good to get people that actually have the products & their experiences. Thanks again guys. Have a Great 4TH ! Sliick :clapping: