• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Motorcycle For Sale For sale: $6500 2014 FJR-1300A 40k miles in Los Angeles, CA

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikerider

Reaction score
The bike was not ridden since the pandemic started in March 2020 and I worked from home. Once a month I took it around the block to warm up the engine and put it back in the garage. Then I got a heart attack 6 months ago and can't ride anymore (with an ICD implant that may kick in any time!).
I hate to sell it but I have no choice that I now can't safely ride it due to my health. I even bought a brand new set of Michelin Pilot Road 2 to prepare for long road trips after the pandemic that I haven't installed. They will be included. Sorry no test ride.

For sale: 2014 Yamaha FJR-1300A, Red, $6500, ABS, Traction Control TCS, cruise control, heated grips, electric adjustable windshield, original owner. Included > $2000 worth of accessories+labor below. This is way below its value with all accessories so you can repaint the scratches and still come out ahead.

- Original owner. Registration valid until July 31, 2023. Just renewed.
- Excellent condition. Never in accident.
- 39378 miles, with lots of accessories. Have been using synthetic engine oil and synthetic driveshaft oil since 5k miles.
- See some of them here: https://pbase.com/motorcyclist/accessories
- handlebars riser
- Custom solo seat by Laam ($450 ). The rear is OEM.
- FOBO tire pressure monitor to display front+rear tire pressure on smartphone ($100)
- A brand new set of Michelin Pilot Road 2 front and rear that I bought but never installed. These are my favorite tires as they last from 12k to 15k miles on the FJR ($350)
- Givi rear rack SR-357 ($150)
- Givi top locking case with 3 keys ($200?)
- 2 original brand new unused Yamaha side cases (OEM). I don't like side cases for splitting lanes in CA so they were carried home from the Yamaha dealer in my wife's car and were never mounted on the bike (except for test fit in my garage) ($500)
- Garauld custom highway pegs ($100)
- German MRA X-Creen adjustable spoiler ($150)
- Yamaha Touring windshield ($100)
- Kisan Traiblazer brake light modulator ($100)
- License plate frame LEDs ($80)
- Whelen LIN3 super bright rear LED. Cars can see this light from a mile! ($70)
- DATEL Voltmeter to monitor battery voltage in real-time ($70)
- Handlebar mounted dual RAM balls ($25)
- custom made ball installed in the center for additional accessories ($25)
- Barkbusters Storm handguards for those cold days' rides ($150)
- Yamaha R1 shift arm with a better ratio that makes the shifting buttery smooth and fast ($25) Original shift arm included.
- Bike was well maintained and runs flawlessly. The only thing was that I lost my footing once and leaned it at ZERO mph on my friend's 1200GS rear rack on the left side (didn't touch the ground), then I dropped it on the right side also at 0 mph (in the parking lot, I couldn't hold it when it leaned over to the right). Some cosmetic scratches. The mirrors arms were cracked and I patched it with JB Weld. That was 20K miles ago.
- Set of 4 brand new NGK spark plugs for FJR. Uninstalled ($30)
- Special tool to adjust steering bearing ($20)
- Garauld sidestand big foot ($20)
- Dual PIAA horns ($50)
- Replaced all brake/clutch bleeders with SpeedBleeders ($50)
- There are probably more that I forgot... (I will look in my garage and will include them like filters, oil, spark plugs, OEM windshield, original OEM bolts that were removed when I installed Garauld highway pegs with longer bolts, a brand new underseat Slime tire air pump etc...)

Edit: add a few more items that I remembered. I hate to put it on Craiglist or eBay so please give me a reasonable offer. BTW, cash only, no check/no shipping/no cashier check/no bitcoin/no finance, sorry.

Attachments

• 20220418_092359.jpg
    20220418_092359.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 196
  • IMG_20170414_114956137_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170414_114956137_HDR.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 215
  • IMG_20170414_173343498_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170414_173343498_HDR.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 202
Last edited:
In the pictures were how I packed on multi-day long trips. I never used the side cases. I packed a large duffle bags and filled up my Givi top case and tank bag. The 2 side cases are brand spanking new still in their original bubble wraps from the dealer! :)

The bike was not ridden since the pandemic started in March 2020 and I worked from home. Once a month I took it around the block to warm up the engine and put it back in the garage. Then I got a heart attack 6 months ago and can't ride anymore (with an ICD implant that may kick in any time!).
I hate to sell it but I have no choice that I now can't safely ride it due to my health. I even bought a brand new set of Michelin Pilot Road 2 to prepare for long road trips after the pandemic that I haven't installed. They will be included. Sorry no test ride.

For sale: 2014 Yamaha FJR-1300A, Red, $8500, ABS, Traction Control TCS, cruise control, heated grips, electric adjustable windshield, original owner. Included > $2000 worth of accessories+labor below.

- Original owner. Registration valid until July 31, 2022.
- Excellent condition.
- 39378 miles, with lots of accessories. Have been using synthetic engine oil and synthetic driveshaft oil since 5k miles.
- handlebars riser
- Custom seat by Laam
- FOBO tire pressure monitor to display front+rear tire pressure on smartphone
- A brand new set of Michelin Pilot Road 2 front and rear that I bought but never installed. These are my favorite tires as they last from 12k to 15k miles on the FJR
- Givi rear rack SR-357
- Givi top locking case with 3 keys
- 2 original brand new unused Yamaha side cases (OEM). I don't like side cases for splitting lanes in CA so they were carried home from the Yamaha dealer in my wife's car and were never mounted on the bike (except for test fit in my garage)
- Garauld custom highway pegs
- German MRA X-Creen adjustable spoiler
- Yamaha Touring windshield
- Kisan Traiblazer brake light modulator
- License plate frame LEDs
- Whelen LIN3 super bright rear LED. Cars can see this light from a mile!
- DATEL Voltmeter to monitor battery voltage in real-time
- Handlebar mounted dual RAM balls
- custom made ball installed in the center for additional accessories
- Barkbusters Storm handguards for those cold days' rides
- Yamaha R1 shift arm with a better ratio that makes the shifting buttery smooth and fast
- Bike was well maintained and runs flawlessly. The only thing was that I dropped it at ZERO mph on my driveway on the left side, then I dropped it on the right side also at 0 mph. Some cosmetic scratches. The mirrors arms were cracked and I patched it with JB Weld. That was 20K miles ago.
- Set of 4 brand new NGK spark plugs for FJR. Uninstalled.
- Special tool to adjust steering bearing
- Garauld sidestand big foot
- Dual PIAA horns
- Replaced all brake/clutch bleeders with SpeedBleeders
- There are probably more that I forgot...

Edit: add a few more items that I remembered. I hate to put it on Craiglist or eBay so please give me a reasonable offer. BTW, cash only, no check/no shipping/no cashier check/no bitcoin/no finance, sorry.
I sure do dislike being jealous! Stunning Machine! Sorry for your loss but happy for the next rider's gain!

Thanks. It really sucks big time to not being able to ride after 25 years of riding. I started riding in 1996 until the pandemic started in March 2020 and I worked 100% from home.

I sure do dislike being jealous! Stunning Machine! Sorry for your loss but happy for the next rider's gain!

For sale: 2014 Yamaha FJR-1300A, Red, $7500, ABS, Traction Control TCS, cruise control, heated grips, electric adjustable windshield, original owner. Included > $2000 worth of accessories+labor below.

- Original owner. Registration valid until July 31, 2022.
- Excellent condition.
- handlebars riser
- Custom seat by Laam
- FOBO tire pressure monitor to display front+rear tire pressure on smartphone
- A brand new set of Michelin Pilot Road 2 front and rear that I bought but never installed. These are my favorite tires as they last from 12k to 15k miles on the FJR
- Givi rear rack SR-357
- Givi top locking case with 3 keys
- 2 original brand new unused Yamaha side cases (OEM). I don't like side cases for splitting lanes in CA so they were carried home from the Yamaha dealer in my wife's car and were never mounted on the bike (except for test fit in my garage)
- Garauld custom highway pegs
- German MRA X-Creen adjustable spoiler
- Yamaha Touring windshield
- Kisan Traiblazer brake light modulator
- License plate frame LEDs
- Whelen LIN3 super bright rear LED. Cars can see this light from a mile!
- DATEL Voltmeter to monitor battery voltage in real-time
- Handlebar mounted dual RAM balls
- custom made ball installed in the center for additional accessories
- Barkbusters Storm handguards for those cold days' rides
- Yamaha R1 shift arm with a better ratio that makes the shifting buttery smooth and fast
- Bike was well maintained and runs flawlessly. The only thing was that I dropped it at ZERO mph on my driveway on the left side, then I dropped it on the right side also at 0 mph. Some cosmetic scratches. The mirrors arms were cracked and I patched it with JB Weld. That was 20K miles ago.
- Set of 4 brand new NGK spark plugs for FJR. Uninstalled.
- Special tool to adjust steering bearing
- Garauld sidestand big foot
- Dual PIAA horns
- Replaced all brake/clutch bleeders with SpeedBleeders
- There are probably more that I forgot...

Wow. Just went through your accessories pages. Nice work. Curious about the brake and clutch levers. Did you get the standard/long levers or the shorties? Hard for me to tell by looking at your photos. Feel for you, having to give up two wheeled therapy.

Thanks! I got the standard length for the clutch and the shorty for the brake. Yes, we can mix and match when ordered.

Price updated before it goes to craiglist. It's way below market value as I can't ride and my wife is nagging me to clear out the garage...

Just went to have my ICD checked. It never shocked me in the last 8 months so I may be able to ride if I can't sell it. I will have to rent a storage place to store it to make room in my garage when my wife's Tesla Model X is delivered though :)

Or if you something to trade, let me know. I can use a high end titanium road bicycle if it's in my size. I ride a Trek model 520 54cm but 52cm will be fine.

Last edited:
I priced it at least $2000 below market value. You can fix the scratches yourself. I don't have energy for it anymore...