Forest Rat Dead, Bike Dead, Rider OK

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn D !

Sorry to hear this but please know that this is not endemic to your neck of the woods. My experience has been that far too often motorcycles are seen as just another toy, luxury, whatever. Mine is my main transportation and hard as I may try, dealers just look at me like my ole dog did when I talked to her about my physics homework. Remember, its about the ride, not the bike. We do empathize with ya though, at least I certainly do. Keep your chin up and if the ole FJR aint doin' it for ya anymore, life is nothing if not change, and maybe you're do some. Take care.

Bobby

Found out today I get a new radiator and stay mount!

The radiator is alot less bucks than I thought - about 350. Heck, I've seen dirt bike guyz pay that much for 2 simple little rectangular rad's - seems like the curved fjr piece would be more.

Piece by piece and soon I'll have the newest 06 around... :unsure:

in the mean time the harley goes BRAPP.

. . . seems like the curved fjr piece would be more. . . .
When did they start putting curved radiators in FJRs? Mine's flat as the world was before Columbus and Copernicus and all them guys.
Curved radiatior started with the Gen II bikes in 06. And hang in there Don....times winding down. PM. <>< ;)

Followed by 'Don't hit with the front end compressed'...
Just out of curiosity: Why? ... Oh, and yes I'm new to riding (10 year hiatus)..

Glad you're ok.

Thanks
Thank You for the rider OK! So many times it is not the case. I have no scientific evidence to provide, but from my layman perspective, when the forks are compressed, the steering angle is steeper which equals less control. Besides, I really did not want to go OVER Bambi.. Fear and Rage are about 0.0000002 seconds away. When I realized it was a hit, well, might as well freaking hit and see what happens. Years of riding MX/SX have taught me that to ride timid is to get hurt...

Hang in there DC. Too bad you could have up graded forks during this trial. Also will have rear shock if ya need it.
Thank You Niehart - I really do appreciate your offer of the rear shock. :yahoo: I've decided that it's better to die broke than rich so I've joined on the GP suspension group buy. I just hope my wounded Feejer goes in a straight line when all is said and done. Is it true that the salts at Bonneville actually fade left? I guess I'm betting that the frame is still straight.. If not, well, then, I'm a Harley rider forever. :dribble:

Gen II ('06), I think.

Curved radiatior started with the Gen II bikes in 06. And hang in there Don....times winding down. PM. <>< ;)
Shows how many of these things I see around here. I've had mine 6 months now, ridden it almost every day in that time, and have only twice encountered another one on the road, and only once found one parked. And I've never bothered to examine the radiator of any of those. That just feels, I dunno; rude. Like telling someone to drop trou when you meet 'em. Eww.

I was wondering if maybe the radiator was curved after he hit the deer. . . . :p

Finally..

Today Crzy8, aka DeerSlayer, is back where she belongs..

on the road, blazing trails and scaring forest rats..

My oh my.. 'such a long strange trip this been'...

Anyone remember who sang that quote?

...and finally, after all this time, in my own mind now this thread is closed.

This has been a very painful journey.. excessive repair time, excessive commute fuel costs, how close to the edge a working stiff lives..

..and now - my baby back.. Kudos to Ivan, the perfectionist tech who will not allow any item to go blemished..

150 miles today, and Crzy8, err, DeerSlayer, is BACK!

Funny how tides ebb and flow, as do the the currents of our lives..

I'll post in a new thread the 'return to FJR riding' thoughts..

But for now, Woo-fooking-Woo - I'm back in the fast lane again!

I can't begin to explain the :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I'm feeling!

Finally..

...and finally, after all this time, in my own mind now this thread is closed.

This has been a very painful journey.. excessive repair time, excessive commute fuel costs, how close to the edge a working stiff lives..

..and now - my baby back.. Kudos to Ivan, the perfectionist tech who will not allow any item to go blemished..

150 miles today, and Crzy8, err, DeerSlayer, is BACK!

Funny how tides ebb and flow, as do the the currents of our lives..

I'll post in a new thread the 'return to FJR riding' thoughts..

But for now, Woo-fooking-Woo - I'm back in the fast lane again!

I can't begin to explain the :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I'm feeling!

WHAT !!?!?

Did something happen? Did I miss something?

Yo, DC, it's about time !!!

Solteks work? Now you can cook the FR's before you take them for a ride....

Congratulations !!

Finally..

Grateful Dead?

:clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: [SIZE=14pt]CONGRATULATIONS!!![/SIZE] :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo:

Congratulations there Don! Yes it is good to have our favorite ride back in its parking spot ready for our beckoning call. Not to be a smart aleck but are you installing deer whistles or whatever those things are called? Don't know if they work or not, just a thought. Anyway be safe will ya and have fun on the old/new ride. PM. <>< :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Who would have figured, MM2 coming up with the Dead? There must be something about Mike that I do not know. BTW, Don glad you are up and running again.

Don,

Glad to hear the Crazy8 is on the road and purring again.

Just ride that thing like the mountain lion that it is and things

will be just fine.

or ................

The ultimate deer horn..........let's 'em know your leading the pack

deer_2.jpg

Merry Christmas,

WW's FJR

Larry