Former XS1100 Owners?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that a Nava helmet ???
Yup, it was a Nava. Very light and comfortable. I had this insulated apron thing that Velcro'ed to the bottom of the helmet and tucked into my jacket and worked really well during the SoCal winters.

I have owned two, 79 Special, and a 78. The 78 was a custom maroon/black paint job and had a silver racing strip on the top of the tank and the top of the bags. If Yamaha did a remake of this bike I would buy one in an instant.2018_07_28_22_03_08.jpg2018_07_29_12_30_42.jpg

I've had a picture of a 1979 XS1100 Special in my room for at least 10 years. One of the most beautiful bikes ever built. Had a chance to buy one, but opted for the GS1000 Suzuki instead. It was cheaper. Imagine that. I could have bought a CBX; the Yamaha XS1100 Special, or the Zookie. And I had to go and save a few bucks. DUHHH. Wish I could go back and remake that decision.

Still have my 1980 xs1100g. Bought her new. Wife used to ask when I would get rid of the bike during my dad/riding hiatus. I'd always say that i had the bike before her. Still have the bike...
XS11_pic.jpg

Wife used to ask when I would get rid of the bike during my dad/riding hiatus. I'd always say that i had the bike before her. Still have the bike...
My wife asked me that exactly once. My reply was similar: "I had the bike before I had you, dear. Don't make me choose!".