Forum Is Migrated, Mostly Updated, a Few Things Left to Refine

Help Support FJRForum:

Road_Runner

Accelerati Incredibilus
Reaction score
I would also like to thank "The Admins" for their hard work in upgrading and maintaining this site.  I would also like to make a donation when it is available.

One thing I have noticed and don't see above is that while using a search engine (Google specifically), old/broken links are returned in search results. Example: "throttle spring unwind site:fjrforum.com" returns: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=111978 .  I was not able to "fix" this link. 

Will Google results eventually update?  Is it a matter of requesting a new "site indexing" and "crawl" with Google?

RossKean

Members++
Reaction score
...One thing I have noticed and don't see above is that while using a search engine (Google specifically), old/broken links are returned in search results. Example: "throttle spring unwind site:fjrforum.com" returns: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=111978 .  I was not able to "fix" this link
I don't know whether this will be fixed or not - if Google archives gradually get changed and updated.  You can "fix" the bad link by editing it - remove the "/forum" and it will be OK.  https://www.fjrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=111978   Strange, if you click on the new link you don't get what you should but if you copy the text of the link I created (not the link itself) and paste it into a new browser tab, it takes you to the correct site...

I would, however, suggest that you do a little playing with the search feature on the current version of the forum.  It is far more capable than the previous forum incarnation.  I haven't even tried to do a Google search of the forum since the upgrade.  Check this out...

Road_Runner

Accelerati Incredibilus
Reaction score
I don't know whether this will be fixed or not - if Google archives gradually get changed and updated.  You can "fix" the bad link by editing it - remove the "/forum" and it will be OK.  https://www.fjrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=111978   Strange, if you click on the new link you don't get what you should but if you copy the text of the link I created (not the link itself) and paste it into a new browser tab, it takes you to the correct site...

I would, however, suggest that you do a little playing with the search feature on the current version of the forum.  It is far more capable than the previous forum incarnation.  I haven't even tried to do a Google search of the forum since the upgrade.  Check this out...
When I tried to edit the link, or click on the link you posted above, I get "The page you requested does not exist."  

I have been away from this site for a long time, and just returned.  I did try to use the sites search engine, but my evaluation of the results may have been based on my experience with the former software version.  I will give the search on the site another try.

HyperPete

Opinionated curmudgeon
Reaction score
Supporting members:
For those of us who were lifetime supporting members , does that carry over?
I still plan to donate toward your new setup, but wondering about this.
Thanks.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you were sold a Lifetime Membership then yes, we would honor it. Just need to see the details like how you paid.

Ignacio

Intramural Culture Warrior
Staff member
Reaction score
Supporting members:
For those of us who were lifetime supporting members , does that carry over?
I still plan to donate toward your new setup, but wondering about this.
Thanks.
I don't remember this status or offering on the forum. We've not received any financial contributions to the forum (via in-person at regional gatherings) in the last decade...let alone since the update in 2019.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you. That will help me check things out about Supporting Members.

Latest posts