Found something more slippery than water on paint

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toecutter

What would DoG do?
Reaction score
Had to cross a recently-painted double-yellow line right in front of the station yesterday to get to work, after battling the tule fog for 26 miles. Imagine my surprise when it felt like I was riding in the deep sand traps of Carver's "driveway"!

Wish I would have checked for mess before it dried....

1018091214.jpg

Ok Toe, you had me goin, I thought here we go again with one of our fine members biting the dust and have gone down.....Glad your ok and luckily bikes can be fixed. Hope it works out for ya getting the paint off.

Not real sure but might try 3M bug&tar remover found at your local GM dealer. Stuff works pretty well with road tar which is pretty nasty in its own right. Take care, PM. <>< ;)

same thing happened to me only in my cage. I tried everything, and ended up having to get a razor blade to get the stuff off.

I too expected this to be a crash report. Glad it isn't. :)

So, a couple of rides up and down Carver's sand pit will clean that yellow stuff right off. ;)

Brake cleaner took it off my truck however that was metal...I dont think I would trust it on the plastic???

Perhaps you could paint the rest of the bike yellow...then it would show so much :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
You might ask the local agency that painted the stripes what they use to clean up with. They may have a way that won't damage your paint.