• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FOUND - WTB: Zumo 550/450 Motorcycle cradle

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomasgif

Reaction score
My Zumo 550 motorcycle cradle was damaged and I'm looking for a replacement.  I already know there are a couple listed on Ebay right now.  I'm just throwing this out there in case someone has one lying around they are looking to get rid of.

Thanks. Steve

They are a fairly hot item.  My original started to fail, all it needed was a good cleaning.  So I picked up 1 on Ebay that was incomplete, then another complete one.  I still have an issue with the top pins sticking in the unit on occasion. I'll dig the box out with all them in there and see if I can piece one together.  Or check for what specific piece you may need.

The whole top latch is broken at the pivot point.  Plastic broke / crack / gone.  There is no fixing the one I've got.  Let me know if you were able to dig something up, otherwise I guess I'll pull the trigger on one of the ebay units.

Apologies for the slow reply, couldn't find the box with GPS parts.  Unfortunately what I have won't work for you.  On both mounts I have one is like yours, the little plastic tabs the pin goes thru that holds the top latch in place are broken off.  Obviously this is pretty common, Garmin needs to rethink their mounting system.  The other is missing the whole top latching mechanism.  Sorry, wish I could have helped.

Shipping may be cost prohibitive (Niagara area of Ontario) get back to me If interested

Attachments

• IMG_6933[1].JPG
    IMG_6933[1].JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6934[1].JPG
    IMG_6934[1].JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6935[1].JPG
    IMG_6935[1].JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
I have a Zumo 550 cradle for the car complete, and one for the bike with just the cradle, no power lead. No probs to ship it out.
Jeff Taylor, Calgary, AB

As an alternative, if you're on the ADVrider site PM a guy named lulo. He bought my Zumo 450 a few months ago and it had a second, non-functioning but mechanically sound motorcycle cradle. You might be able to cobble together a working one between the two of them. I think he's in New Jersey.
Tom

I have a couple of spare cradles.

Over the summer, I migrated to a Zumo XT.

So I guess I actually have 3 cradles - 1 NIB, never used; one that I used on my Harley that I sold several years ago (so, the cradle is used but worked when I took it off the bike); and the one that was on the FJR - that one will go with the 550 when I get around to selling it.

I just took a look at 'em - for some reason, the ones in the boxes (the NIB and one from the Harley) don't have power cords in there. I have no idea where those would be - prolly in a box somewhere in the garage.

Shoot me a PM if you haven't secured one yet and don't need the power cord.

ETA: Duh. Now that I think aboot it, I wanna say that the replacement cradles only came with the cradle, mounting screws, and the little security screwdriver thingy. Power cords weren't in the boxes to begin with. I'm such an idjut sometimes.

Last edited:
I have a couple of spare cradles.

Over the summer, I migrated to a Zumo XT.

So I guess I actually have 3 cradles - 1 NIB, never used; one that I used on my Harley that I sold several years ago (so, the cradle is used but worked when I took it off the bike); and the one that was on the FJR - that one will go with the 550 when I get around to selling it.

I just took a look at 'em - for some reason, the ones in the boxes (the NIB and one from the Harley) don't have power cords in there. I have no idea where those would be - prolly in a box somewhere in the garage.

Shoot me a PM if you haven't secured one yet and don't need the power cord.

ETA: Duh. Now that I think aboot it, I wanna say that the replacement cradles only came with the cradle, mounting screws, and the little security screwdriver thingy. Power cords weren't in the boxes to begin with. I'm such an idjut sometimes.
PM sent. Since this thread started the latch on my cradle has gone funky. I'd be interested in the little screwdriver thingie too. Lost mine many moons ago.

my zumo 550 gave up. I haven't removed the motorcycle cradle or power cable yet.
(for future reference)
I'll be removing it over the off-season. Knowing me, I'll keep it in a box for 5 years...