Four Days of Fun!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcusorelius

Reaction score
The last weekend of last month, there were 4 events going on. Route 66 Bike Rally, River Run ( restart on the Bullhead City side of the river) , Fun Run Classic car rally, & Kyle Petty's Charity Ride. Here' Part 1, the 1st 3 days video.....

This video is Part 2, the 4th day. Duchess & I rode to Oatman Az. 2 events were there, Fun run classic cars coming up from Kingman & Kyle Petty's Charity Bike Ride coming from Lake Havasu. I was very suprized that Kyle's pop "The King" Richard Petty came rolling in on a HD trike.
I bought a hat from the charity ride which was a win win, money for their charity & a nice cap for me. And a big bonus I got both of the Petty's to sign it! ( got a great Pic of Richard handing it back to me).
Even got Kyle to come over & take a pic with Duchess on the bike ( kind of a fail though as the wlld west shootout enacment had started & Duchess was freaked out about the gunfire & wouldn't come out of her sidecase! Here's the Video, Part 2....

That's great to see/hear about Richard. It was a while ago but the last time I saw him on TV he looked a little frail. Sorta took notice as his hometown is not far up the road from me.

That's great to see/hear about Richard. It was a while ago but the last time I saw him on TV he looked a little frail. Sorta took notice as his hometown is not far up the road from me.
Yhea, when I saw he was on Kyle's list of celebs riding with him, I thought the old man (84) will be in a chase car not riding a bike.
He looked to be in good shape for his age. I did warn Kyle about the VERY Technical section that they will be riding down from there ( called blood alley) he sort of laughed it off with a joke about them taking a helicopter.
Warning was not so much for him (he's rode across country) but the 125 riders with him, & hundreds of tourists driving old classic cars the other direction. Some of these folks looked to me like they had 50k for a bike but were inexperienced riders.
When I left about a half hour after the group a fire rescue truck & ambulance were in front of me. And down by the mine there was some sort of crash incident with the cars coming the other way & kudos to Kyle (riding sweep I believe) for still being there to help when most of his group was long gone.
I saw a gap to ride pass,(Kyle must of seen me & thought there goes that guy with the m/c riding dog, he told me about this!) didn't want to be stuck there, so I never found out what happened.
I watched the group leave Oatman & was happy to see what looked like Richard riding in a chase car ( thought I saw that hat behind the tinted window). I know I wouldn't send my 84 year old Pop on a trike down that dangerous section of road! I did read he rode every day on their 1500 mile trip for the 1st time.

The last weekend of last month, there were 4 events going on. Route 66 Bike Rally, River Run ( restart on the Bullhead City side of the river) , Fun Run Classic car rally, & Kyle Petty's Charity Ride. Here' Part 1, the 1st 3 days video.....

if you combine four days of fun short video clips into a single video I think I will enjoy it more than watching this slideshow :unsure: