Frame sliders-

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neonguy95

Reaction score
Do you have them and what do you have? On the Tenere I had crash bars, Alt Rider, this is the first bike where frame sliders might be needed. Help? Suggestions?

Speaking of frame sliders, I have the OES sliders on my bike and they were on it when I purchased it. They don't appear to be long enough to prevent fairing damage in the event of a tip over to me. My friend has an 07 with sliders from a different manufacturer and they are quite a bit longer. I wonder if they wrong ones are on my bike. Anyone else have the OES sliders?

Last edited by a moderator:
I use T-Rex frame sliders and Canyon Cage bag guards on the rear. I see T-Rex now has the bag guards and to me they look even better than the Canyon Cage guards.

The standard OES sliders are long enough to prevent damage in most falls, but it can happen. OES now also makes longer sliders, like the T-Rex brand. A few years ago, there were some issues with T-Rex quality, but I haven't heard those complaints in a long time, so maybe they are fixed.

As nice as sliders are, the real protection is offered by Canyon Cages and the like.

Trying a set of Motovation sliders on my new-to-me '15. Like the looks but not impressed with quality this time around. These are going back when I return from Spearfish.

--G

Trying a set of Motovation sliders on my new-to-me '15. Like the looks but not impressed with quality this time around. These are going back when I return from Spearfish.--G
I had those on my '14 when I had my low side. They worked reasonably well, but they twist around the mounting bolt and since they are factory cut to fit around the gen3 plastics, they will actually crack or break the fairing around the mounting point.
Because of this, I switched to the SW Mototech sliders: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sw-motech-frame-sliders-yamaha-fjr1300-2006-2014?utm_source=product&kwd=&kpid=1034704&gclid=CjwKEAjwh6SsBRCYrKHF7J3NjicSJACUxAh7iNCxHqUtsfzi1EXrDAfOFyhMNrWfAsuk27GlE6_imhoCANnw_wcB

Last edited by a moderator:
This same question is floating around another thread or two here somewhere...

T-Rex racing offers some nice frame sliders. They also now build protectors for the saddlebags but I have not seen those in person. I have the T-Rex and I am happy so far.

Trying a set of Motovation sliders on my new-to-me '15. Like the looks but not impressed with quality this time around. These are going back when I return from Spearfish.

--G
I had those on my '14 when I had my low side. They worked reasonably well, but they twist around the mounting bolt and since they are factory cut to fit around the gen3 plastics, they will actually crack or break the fairing around the mounting point.Because of this, I switched to the SW Mototech sliders: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sw-motech-frame-sliders-yamaha-fjr1300-2006-2014?utm_source=product&kwd=&kpid=1034704&gclid=CjwKEAjwh6SsBRCYrKHF7J3NjicSJACUxAh7iNCxHqUtsfzi1EXrDAfOFyhMNrWfAsuk27GlE6_imhoCANnw_wcB
That's what I have happening. After installing them, the poly is loose around the metal sleeve.
--G