frame sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the cheapest sliders on the market. Slightly less than $50 delivered to your door. Check ebay for your 2007.

Black Delrin disappears visually on the bike. Aluminum blingie (expensive ones) look like farkles and that may be some of their value. It's all up to you.

On the other hand, I just want them to do their job when and if it happens. LONG sliders increase the 'torque arm' used against the slider and its bolt, so longish ones tend to snap off long before shorter ones grind off. (At least that's what I've seen in several years of roadracing.)

So, to sum up, blingie ones are blingie and do their job. Cheapies have no bling but do their job. I see guys on here being cost conscious with stuff that shows, and not being cost conscious with stuff that doesn't need to show..... so you gotta decide what you want from your sliders. The basic fact is that they all work.

Damn it Andre :blink:

Yer honest answers are Going to cause a lot of grief here and might just save some guys a few bucks ta boot ;)

Bastard! :lol:

:jester:

Just to increase the size of my Dick, here's an ebay link to some cheapies. Prices appear to be going down.

Find out if they have aluminum inserts. If they don't, don't buy them (they'll continually loosen as the Delrin compresses.) I'm also not thrilled that they're only 1-3/4 OD. Mine are 2" and from a different vendor (sorry, no link).

Motovation

Yamaha FJR1300 Frame Sliders and Accessories 2006-2007

These frame sliders mount directly onto the frame. They have machined aluminum collars inserted into the sliders that fit snugly into your frame for maximum strength and impact force distribution. Comes with two galvanized high grade steel bolts. These will fit only the Yamaha FJR1300 Supersport Tourer 2006/7 model. No fairing modification will be required. When you look at them it will be very obvious where they fit on the bike. A bit different from other manufacturers that use a solid aluminum slider or solid aluminum mounting posts, ours are nylon with aluminum collar inserts. This race tested and proven design allows more shock absorption and does not allow mounts to be so strong that they transmit too much stress to the frame. This design is also harder to machine than a solid aluminum post as the tolerances need to be tighter. We have determined that this one piece design supplemented with internal aluminum inserts provides the right balance of strength vs energy absorption.

This is an easy install with minimal tools. Manufacturer's torque specifications and locktite are strongly recommended.

Stainless steel bar ends are made from solid stainless bar stock and cancel out the high frequency vibrations that cause discomfort and fatigue while riding. Money back guaranty and now available black powder coated.

Yamaha FJR1300 Part Number: Sliders - FSY14R,

Yamaha FJR1300 Bar ends - SSY01

Yamaha FJR1300 2006-7 Frame Sliders Installation Guide

Product Reviews :

Average rating :

Number of reviews : 1

Write a review

Miscellaneous :

Email a Friend

Product Inquiry

thanks for all your input, bought some delron with aluminum sleeves. went on easy. hope i never have to test them

I just put the LSL "Crash Pad" sliders on my bike. I'll post up a few pics lkater today. In the meantime, here's a link: https://www.spieglerusa.com/cfm/FrameSliders.cfm
As promised...

LSLCrashPad_01.jpg

LSLCrashPad_02.jpg

LSLCrashPad_03.jpg

LSLCrashPad_04.jpg