Frampton Comes Alive 35

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RacinRay

Living The Dream
Reaction score
I saw Peter Frampton tonight at the Palace Theater in Albany, NY. It is the 35th anniversary of the release of the live album Frampton Comes Alive. It was actually a very enjoyable show. I saw the 1977 tour for $8. This time...$66.50!

I saw him around the same time, it was in Oakland, CA, cost about $12-$14 IIRC. Saw him as the headliner and many others on Don Grahams "A day On the Green", held at Oakland Stadium. With Frampton was: Lynyrd Skynyrd, Carlos Santana, and Outlaws. What a great concert it was!

Is he using his original guitar that has resurfaced and had been originally thought to be lost in a plane crash?

He is coming to the Ziterian theater her in town.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Got to hear him live a couple times in the 70's. Once when he was still with Humble Pie at the San Jose Fairgrounds.

Again around the time the live album came out in SF at Winterland. Glad to hear he is back.

I worked in a tool and die shop in the late 70's and they played the radio on the shop speaker system all day long. As you'll recall, Frampton was very popular by the end of the decade. However, the local station we had on each day there in Troy Michigan (suburb of Detroit) liked Frampton a little TOO much. Something like twice an hour - all day, every day. Guess I got burned out on Frampton. On one particular day, I said to somebody, "If they play ONE MORE Frampton song I'm going to throw a fit." And of course, they did. It was about that time that I gave up on the man and his music. To this day, every time I hear him, I change the station; which is sad because I like so many of the artists from the 60's and 70's.

I do agree with you concerning the cost of concerts these days. Sad isn't it? Not that it matters much for me. The ringing in my ears has gotten so bad lately that they don't need any more concerts.

Gary

darksider #44

I saw him around the same time, it was in Oakland, CA, cost about $12-$14 IIRC. Saw him as the headliner and many others on Don Grahams "A day On the Green", held at Oakland Stadium. With Frampton was: Lynyrd Skynyrd, Carlos Santana, and Outlaws. What a great concert it was!
Wow! What a great line up.

You know he was one of the few artist that sounded better live than in the studio (IMO). Saw him in Buffalo late 70s and I think we had a better time than was legal.

The question is.... Do you feel like we do? :rolleyes:
Only after getting out of "thirty days in the hole" and having to speak thru a "talkbox" :yahoo: :yahoo:

I saw him at the Santa Barbara County Bbowl in the late '70's for, like, five bucks? I still smile when I remember it (sort of...)

We saw him a few years ago at the state fair, I think tickets were only $10. He still rocks the house! :yahoo:

edit: After consulting the wife unit, tics were $25. Still not too bad.

Saw him in Anaheim, CA. Rode a TT500 from Inglewood, tools carried in an army pouch off my belt. Security wouldn't let me in with the tools (weapons?). I was so pissed I damn near rode away, but the gfriend said she'd hummer me at the concert if I stayed.

I stayed! :yahoo:

Oh, yeah, they played music too. :huh:

You know he was one of the few artist that sounded better live than in the studio (IMO). Saw him in Buffalo late 70s and I think we had a better time than was legal.
Gunny! I bought some of his albums after the concert, yuk! Live he's the best. ;)
His last album I bought, Fingerprints, is a compilation of other artists tunes he redoes. Excellent! Sound Garden's, Black Hole Sun, on the Talk box effect (now all electronic) sounds great! :yahoo:

Gunny! I bought some of his albums after the concert, yuk! Live he's the best. ;)
His last album I bought, Fingerprints, is a compilation of other artists tunes he redoes. Excellent! Sound Garden's, Black Hole Sun, on the Talk box effect (now all electronic) sounds great! :yahoo:
He played Black Hole Sun last night with the talk box! He also covered While My Guitar Gently Weeps.

"even a little Humble Pie!"

I don't need no doctor?? :yahoo:
LOL My first car was an old Ford Galaxie 4 dr.

I had just enough money from my gas station job for the car, an 8 track palyer, 2 "Bass 48" speakers, and 5 tapes - 1 of which was Humble Pie. Whenever I hear the songs of any of those tapes I can still tell you when to expect the 8 track click!

Hey, we prolly walked by each other! I went to a bunch of the DOG's during the 70's when I was stationed in Vallejo (Mare Island)!

We all were in the Navy so had short haircuts; my one buddy had a long hair wig he'd wear and then wouldn't sit by us.......

"We all were in the Navy so had short haircuts; my one buddy had a long hair wig he'd wear and then wouldn't sit by us......"

I remember going to one of his concerts as a Marine. We had the "high and tight" haircuts. Some of the people

at the concert treated us like we were aliens.. :lol: Great concert though..I also think his music was overplayed

on the radio...kind of like "stairway to heaven"..used to change the channel when it came on.