• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parts For Sale FREE: M3 x 5mm button head Torx security screws

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harper

Which side is the brake on?
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Seattle, WA : floating down the atmospheric river
I bought a bag of 100, M3 x 5mm SS button head Torx security screws from the UK for servicing the side case lock mechanisms. I think it's stupid to have these inside a locked compartment. A couple of the heads were rounded on my 2008 so, instead, I replaced all of them with SS button head allens which you can get from ACE Hardware. I think an even better solution would be M3 x 5mm SS socket head cap screws for head drive engagement strength but I haven't tried to see if they fit with enough clearance in the lock mechanism. If you want to continue to use the Torx security screws and need some and don't want a bag of them or pay $1.00 each plus shipping, I will happily mail you a few of them. Really, it will only cost me a postage stamp for the continental US.

Last edited:
Ok, I'll bite.

Cannot readily find. For the first person in the US who posts a link on Amazon for packages holding at least 25 of M3 x 5mm SS allen head cap screws for under $10, I will buy a package and mail the poster 6 of them.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Winner, winner! Chicken dinner!

Thanks! Stainless screws are scheduled to arrive Dec 26-27.

RossKean

Please PM your mailing address and I'll send you some when they arrive.
That's OK. I don't need them for anything - besides international postage is quite a bit more. Find someone local - since you have enough for several lifetimes of FJRs.
Thanks anyway.

Winner, winner! Chicken dinner!

Thanks! Stainless screws are scheduled to arrive Dec 26-27.

The M3 x 5mm I referenced have a 0.5mm thread pitch.
M3 is also made in a 0.35mm (fine) thread pitch.
I don't recall what is required for this application so you should probably verify...

Edit: I THINK it is 0.5mm pitch.
I did a quick search and people have used 5, 6 and even 8 mm length. I have no idea how long the OEM screws are.

Last edited: