From where do the pics in the banner come?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon T

Reaction score
I guess I'm slow to appreciate the fact the pics in the banner showing each year are taken from the same angle, with the same lighting and line up perfectly. Where do those pics come from? Is there a story behind that?

Looking at the banner and informally counting, it looks as if at the current rate, we'll run out of room for new pics around 2012 maybe '13. How does that compare to the predictions of Nostradamus and others?

By 2013 or so, I might have all the farkles purchased and installed on the Feej - then I can afford a wider screen! :exhappysmiley:

The bad part is that beeyouteeful black cherry model was overlaid with drab boringness. :angry:
HEY, at least you bike is up there! Do you see a 2006A model? NO, you don't do you. That's OK, I don't want anyone to think I feel slighted, or neglected, or anything like that. Now, where did I put that list of people, I mean guns to be cleaned? :angry: :blink: :dribble:

I got to tell ya Jon T, if that's all you have to worry about I really admire you! ;)

JW

If I may give some constructive critism...I would prefer that the 06 model was the "non-automatic" model (the blue). Who needs to see so much grey? Plus, the automatic didn't get the best reviews, so I would take it off of the display.

That's my humble opinion.....even though no one was asking for it.

I edited......

Last edited by a moderator:
I would prefer that the 06 was the non-abs model (the blue).
All 06's have ABS. I'm guessing you meant not the AE. The pictures are taken from the Yamaha site (at least that's what they said when we had the '06 "controversy" about the picture then. The Yamaha site only had the AE with that angle. If I remember correctly, it was Slapnpop that cultivated the pictures.

Slapppy is our FJR banner guru - though I think Iggy has played a part too.

I don't know about Yammie only putting the AE on their website. However, IMHO, having the 06 represented by the AE is best considering the the fact that the AE was the new 'big deal' model and also due to the fact that aesthetically, two slightly different shades of blue right next to each other would not provide the proper contrast and would look like ass.

I would prefer that the 06 was the non-abs model (the blue).
All 06's have ABS. I'm guessing you meant not the AE. The pictures are taken from the Yamaha site (at least that's what they said when we had the '06 "controversy" about the picture then. The Yamaha site only had the AE with that angle. If I remember correctly, it was Slapnpop that cultivated the pictures.
Yeah, yeah.....that's what I meant. I edited my post to read "non-automatic" model. Thanks :blink:

Actaually I find it sort of cluttered with all the bikes. I think only the 03 should be there. :yahoo:

Actaually I find it sort of cluttered with all the bikes. I think only the 03 should be there. :yahoo:
That 2005 is perfection to me.

Leave well enough alone.

Don't fix it if it aint broke.

;)

I also like the print justifed left. Just my .02 cents.