Front Master Brake Cylinder

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

painman

Reaction score
Well its about time but the master cyclinder on the front of the 06 is on it's way to getting fixed. The cylinder has been defective since the day I got her. Started out mimimal and has progressively gotten worse. The lever slowly comes down almost to the bar now and after much haggling with the dealer, Yamaha Corp. has stepped up to the plate and located the part, (was back ordered at all three warehouses) from their secret stock pile for guys like me and is supposed to be on its way to the dealer. I tell you one thing, its a real bummer not being able to ride the FJ. I've been going through withdrawls for about a week now and the wife has threatened to leave and the kids are not talking to me. What can an addic do? PM. <>< :dribble:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well its about time but the master cyclinder on the front of the 06 is on it's way to getting fixed. The cylinder has been defective since the day I got her. Started out mimimal and has progressively gotten worse. The lever slowly comes down almost to the bar now and after much haggling with the dealer, Yamaha Corp. has stepped up to the plate and located the part, (was back ordered at all three warehouses) from their secret stock pile for guys like me and is supposed to be on its way to the dealer. I tell you one thing, its a real bummer not being able to ride the FJ. I've been going through withdrawls for about a week now and the wife has threatened to leave and the kids are not talking to me. What can an addic do? PM. <>< :dribble:
I was browsing through the topics & came across your problem. I have the same symptom on my '06. ONly under very light brake lever action the lever will slowly fall away almost to the grip. If applied a little bit more firmly it's OK.

I'll have the dealer look @ it after I get back from VT this week.

Chris

If the dealer/service dept. starts to give you any flack about repairing it, don't make the same mistake I did and try to haggle with them. Just call Yamaha customer support and have them work on the problem and have them call the dealer to get it corrected. You have more power in these type situations than does the service dept. Mine is fixed and got to try it out this weekend and no problems whatsoever. It is amazing what the proper brake feels like. Good luck. PM. <><