Front turn signal

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure on 04-05 bikes, but on the '03 you just take the lens off the turn signal stalk. No panels need be removed.

On 04 and up, you just remove the side panel. You wouldn't actually have to remove the panel from the front "V", or the from the other panel. Just remove all the bolts, un-do it from the top, and pry it away enough to access the bulb. I think that is the way I did it.

It's a hella lot easier taking the black triangle piece off from underneath the nose and replacing the bulb, no need to pull any painted plastic. ;)

It's a hella lot easier taking the black triangle piece off from underneath the nose and replacing the bulb, no need to pull any painted plastic. ;)
If you go this route it's two phillips screws and one of those plasticy tab things that you turn 1/4 turn counter-clockwise with a phillips and it pops out.

If you go this route it's two phillips screws and one of those plasticy tab things that you turn 1/4 turn counter-clockwise with a phillips and it pops out.
3 phillips screws.

I always knew Iggy had a screw loose. :p

OK, instead of starting a new thred, here is a related question. Does anyone have a cross reference automotive bulb that will work, or do I have to wait till my stealer opens up and pay too much? Thanks.

Craig

OK, instead of starting a new thred, here is a related question. Does anyone have a cross reference automotive bulb that will work, or do I have to wait till my stealer opens up and pay too much? Thanks.Craig
Here's one: Sylvania 7443

Should be available at any auto parts store.

Last edited by a moderator: