Fuel Pump O-ring Seal ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SFZX

Reaction score
Had to replace my fuel pump. Didn't realize till looking at the new seal there is one side that is perfectly flat and the other side has an angle of almost 40-45 degrees or so. Anyone know if the flat faces the tank or into the plastic recess of the fuel pump?

Ok so the shop manual does not deal with this on reinstalling the fuel pump. So, I checked with a couple of fuel pump repair shops and the general rule of thumb is: If there is a flatter side to an O-ring or lets call it a fuel pump seal the flatter side faces away from the fuel. When you first remove the pump that seal is squashed so flat you can not tell one side is different from the other after a week thats a different story!

Good luck!!
Well I finally got the injectors back from a professional cleaning job and got lucky, all flowed exactly the same after cleaning. I apparently lucked out on the position of the pump seal as well, flatest side of the seal away from fuel or into the groove on the head of the pump. Got a test run today and all is well, no leaks drips or errors. LOL And boy is she ever running strong with a new fuel pump and clean injectors, better than I remember for years now