Future 1st Time FJR Owner

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:clapping: Welcome to the FJR Forum. :clapping:

Concur: Sliders first!

Then ride the bike and determine from your experience what you would add or change to "fit" the bike to your needs. Many on the forum ride them in OEM trim. Others modify a few things. Some of us modify or add farkles "because we can"...........its a disease and there is no cure!

Some interesting "backrest" reading from Google:

back rests site:fjrforum.com

passenger backrest site:fjrforum.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked on the MADCO website for the throttle lock, and lo and behold, thats where I got the throttle lock for my VTX!

It had been so long since I ordered it, I forgot where I got it from. That said, I would recommend this product for the

FJR as well. It is a little more involved to install that a Vista Cruise, but definitely worth it. It looks factory with no bar

that goes over the starter/kill switch unit. Very simple to activate even with heavy gloves IMHO, and if adjusted properly,

easy to override.

An update on the backrest unit from www.pirateslair.net , I e-mailed them to put me on a list to alert me when their new

product will be available. Within an hour I recieved a reply that the first prototype was fitted to on 06 model, and would

be available soon. Looks like a solid unit.

Bogus, I was gona suggest the MadCo lock as well but you beat me to it. It is a quality piece of work and I also used the Grip Puppies over the stock grips which makes for eaiser throttle control over the smallish OEM grips. Look at the Gen II "Bin-O-Facts" and it will give you all the info you need for the new ride once purchased. Welcome and enjoy. PM. <>< :yahoo: