Fuzeblocks FZ-1

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drummerboy

Reaction score
I'm looking at installing a Fuzeblocks FZ-1 under the seat of my 08 FJR. What are easily accessible locations for tapping into a switched power source and a ground to the bike's frame? Any tips would be most appreciated.(I would rather not remove the tank) THANKS MUCH!

I just installed my FZ1. First Get RoadRunners mounting plate - he's a great forum member and craftsman - thread is here: RoadRunners Bracket

Second. Blue tail light wire is best for switched power. Third, ground the FZ1 to the battery negative terminal. It's the best ground on the bike.

I just installed my FZ1. First Get RoadRunners mounting plate - he's a great forum member and craftsman - thread is here: RoadRunners Bracket

Second. Blue tail light wire is best for switched power. Third, ground the FZ1 to the battery negative terminal. It's the best ground on the bike.
Gunny++, on RoadRunners mounting plate you can make one like I did but his is a nice clean set up.

I'd run a fused 12 Gage wire off the positive (fused right at the Bat) maybe even a 10 and the same for the Neg right off the Bat. And don't worry about lifting the tank, it won't be the last time.

I just finished installing the FZ-1 in conjunction with an Audiovox cruise control. I added a cigarette plug beside the fuse block to use with a 12v pump. It works great and I am really happy. I bought a 1/8" x 2" x 24" piece of steel from Lowes and crafted the mount myself. Easy to do with a vise in the garage. I have the GPS, Cruise control and two power lines for future use located at the triple tree. If I add anything it will now be easy.

plug1.jpg

Latest posts